Wonderland Question (probably silly..)

On our Alaska cruise in May, we decided to try out Wonderland. On our first cruise we skipped all specialty dining, so we thought it would be fun. We went for quirky, since that's usually our style. I pulled videos for my picky children so they know kinda what to expect.

My weird question is this: are the portions enough that my high-metabolism, huge appetite hubby will be fine, or am I gonna have to direct him straight to Sorento's after dinner so he isn't whiny all night?

You might be a bit hungry, even if you try everything because it is frou frou, so the portions are........not small but also not filling. My brother is a big eater, he tried pretty everything on the menu, and he still needed wings and onion rings from Playmakers and his pre-dinner WJ plates after. 

On 3/15/2024 at 3:53 PM, TimeRacer said:

My weird question is this: are the portions enough that my high-metabolism, huge appetite hubby will be fine, or am I gonna have to direct him straight to Sorento's after dinner so he isn't whiny all night?

The entrees are pretty substantial and you can always ask them to bring out more appetizers to try to bulk the meal out more. I find the pacing a bit slower as they deliver the appetizers a few at a time and for me that makes my brain recognize I'm full a lot faster.  I still will scout out the Windjammer before it closes or hit up Sorrentos anyways, but that's just routine overall need to eat more.

Only ate there once, back in 2018 on Anthem, but the meat entree portions were massive as Ashley noted. The fish entree was a bit smaller to my mind, especially since that wasn't being shared with my wife, and more suited to just one person.

I'd say that if everyone at the table splits all the food evenly, your husband may well need an after-dinner visit to the Windjammer or Playmakers or the pub. But if your kids are truly picky and he gets to enjoy more of the appetizers, then he'll probably feel plenty full.