Odyssey of the Seas from NJ in December (Pool Question)

This will be the first season I know of since Anthem has been in NJ since at least 2017/18 that there will be no indoor pool for children during the cold weather months. .  It is my understanding that there will be designated hours for kids at the solarium pool.  I do not know what the hours will be or, if in fact, they will be limited.

I'm still confused by this move from Anthem in the winter in NJ to Odyssey because of the pool situation. I know Odyssey is Quantum plus or whatever they call it but it just makes little sense here in the winter. Odyssey looks amazing and actually better than Anthem but still doesn't make sense in the winter months here. We were just on Anthem last week and that indoor pool was a life saver and perfect. It was fun to swim with it being freezing outside. 

I know they made an announcement about letting kids use the Solarium on other ships…but it was for a short period in the late afternoon/early evening.

I don’t think that’s going to work on Odyssey sailing out of Bayonne in the winter. It will be difficult keeping kids out on the first two and last two days of a seven night cruise. I can also understand the parent’s frustration of paying for the cruise and not being allowed to bring their kids when there is no other similar option. Seems like we’re headed for some exceptionally crowded Solarium sea days…more so than usual, which is almost like the Hunger Games trying to find a lounger now.

This does not answer your question directly but I can offer what happened on another ship:

We sailed Radiance in Alaska this June 2023 and the only indoor pool was in the Solarium.  They allowed kids in there 8-10am and 1-3PM (may have been 2-4pm).  It was not a big deal (but Radiance is much smaller than Odyssey).  Kids were never allowed in any hot tubs.

I believe the relaxing of solarium age requirements is just later afternoon thru early dinner not really when you and your kids will want to use the pool (if this sailing will allow it). I assume this is a Caribbean sailing so really just the first and last days it would be an issue. once you are in Florida it will likely be warm enough for the outdoor pool.