Symphony hibachi times

I was looking in the cruise planner to reserve a dinner at the hibachi. There are three time slots up to 5:30 and the next available on every night is 9:00. Is that normal for every night for that big gap in availability? We usually like to eat around 7:00 when cruising. 

Question about this - are the reservation times allotted for the planner limited? Do they hold back a certain number of tables for reserving once on board only? I was hoping to get Hibachi reservations but the times are too late for the kids. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, edobkin said:

Question about this - are the reservation times allotted for the planner limited? Do they hold back a certain number of tables for reserving once on board only? I was hoping to get Hibachi reservations but the times are too late for the kids. Thanks!

If you could make lunch work for your family, rather than dinner, it's much cheaper for exactly the same menu and you wouldn't have to worry about it being too late for the littles.

Agreed - but there were no availabilities to accommodate lunch time for 4 for our sailing. If there will be an opening for lunch when we board, I will take it, but that gets to my original question - will there be times available that were not made available in the app/online before the sailing? Thanks!

6 hours ago, Leroyr55 said:

Is that normal for every night for that big gap in availability? We usually like to eat around 7:00 when cruising.

1 hour ago, edobkin said:

Do they hold back a certain number of tables for reserving once on board only?

They seemingly do hold back quite a few "prime time" slots.  The last two cruises I was on, I saw the same thing as @Leroyr55 in my Cruise Planner, and I was on it the day dining opened up (you might say I'm a *bit* compulsive about checking my Cruise Planner after I've booked!).  That said, on both trips the Suite Concierge was able to get us 7:00 reservations for 4 on our choice of days.  Whether these slots are held specifically for suite class guests or just held back until boarding, I don't know, but I can definitely confirm that not all of the available spots are on Cruise Planner.

1 hour ago, USCG Teacher said:

They seemingly do hold back quite a few "prime time" slots.  The last two cruises I was on, I saw the same thing as @Leroyr55 in my Cruise Planner, and I was on it the day dining opened up (you might say I'm a *bit* compulsive about checking my Cruise Planner after I've booked!).  That said, on both trips the Suite Concierge was able to get us 7:00 reservations for 4 on our choice of days.  Whether these slots are held specifically for suite class guests or just held back until boarding, I don't know, but I can definitely confirm that not all of the available spots are on Cruise Planner.

Aha! Thank you for this info. I will be sure to come back and update this thread after we return for posterity.

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

The prime slots get booked up VERY quickly. If you are able to board within the first hour the ship is taking on new passengers, you MIGHT be able to snag a better time slot but you will pay full price onboard. Personally I’d stick with the later spot and treat it as a dinner and a show!

11:30am boarding times. We shall see!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 1:48 PM, edobkin said:

UPDATE:

Due to the fact that one of our port stops was cancelled and replaced with a sea day, we were able to get lunch reservations at Izumi Hibachi for that day once on board the ship. It was excellent and the kids had a blast!

Glad you had fun - we would like to try lunch at Hibachi, but we are not looking for sushi. Do they do the hibachi cooking at lunch, or is it just sushi? 

1 hour ago, Sealegs said:

Glad you had fun - we would like to try lunch at Hibachi, but we are not looking for sushi. Do they do the hibachi cooking at lunch, or is it just sushi? 

There are hibachi lunches. You should be able to look in the cruise planner as it will only be available on sea days. I would book asap because the spots fill up much faster than sushi.