Cruise Cancellations

What does everyone think about the "deals" RCCL is offering when they cancel a cruise currently?  I just got notified that the "October 1st, 2024 Quantum of the Seas sailing has unfortunately been cancelled." The offer is to book a 4 day shorter cruise for the same price.  The last cancellation I had were two back-to-back cruises which they offered two non back-to-back cruises. It seems like a terrible way to treat your customers.

11 hours ago, MickyB said:

The offer is to book a 4 day shorter cruise for the same price

Hi, sorry to hear your cruise has been cancelled.

When offering an alternative cruise I have always found it to be the same length of longer at the lowest price. It is complicated by the fact your cruise is  lengthy so the only near equivalent sailing will be Ovation which is likely fully booked.

what replacement cruise itineraries have Royal offered?

This ia a quote from an email we have received previously for a cancelled cruise.

“We invite you to transfer your reservation to one of the below selected sailings, in like
accommodations, at the protected/lowest available cruise fare. Price protection is limited to the
cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing
rates”

‘In the event that the alternative cruises are not suitable you also have the option of transferring your booking to another cruise at prevailing rates.

‘“Alternatively, you may transfer your booking to any other Royal Caribbean sailing at the prevailing rate (not prevailing promotions.)”

You should also receive some on board credit.

Regardless of the sailing you choose, selected sailing or not, you will receive US$100 onboard credit per standard stateroom or US$200 onboard credit per suite (as per your original stateroom category.)

13 hours ago, twangster said:

The offers never seem to be very appealing. 

I have lucky with 2 of our cancelations, we actually ended up with similar itinararies but more nights for the same price.

i agree though, that is a bit of a crap shoot as to whether you get a better offer.