Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates

RBRSKI

Good Morning,

So I was wondering if I could get some insight to this question.  So I logged into my C&A account went to "special offers", "exclusive rates", "see cruises" and a three night cruise on the Majesty for sailing date 12/14/2018 is showing $189 for interior.  Then I went to rccl.com as a Joe schmo and the same rate was available.  Am I missing a step to get the "Special Rate" ?  One would think after you sign in that the system would recognize you are C&A and populate the special rate.  Another question, this is the system that took over the pamphlet you would get in the mail for C&A showing the "special rates" right?

We will be diamond after next cruise.  With that said, never got C&A special rate for any sailing. Same pricing a first time cruiser would get.  I think their "exclusive rates" are available to anybody.  I think there might be something if you book balcony or above.  On RC we have only booked interior.  Avoiding some of the congested lines at embarkation is the biggest benefit that we see at our current C&A level.  There is the coupon book but never benefited much from that, especially since we purchase the ultimate drink package now.  

If you're logged into RC's site, the C&A rates can show up automatically.  Their site changes a lot, but in the past I remember seeing different rates depending if I went to Florida resident page first, or homepage, or if I was logged in.

When you get to details page prior to actually booking, it breaks down the rates.

I find that when you "book " a cruise you go through a coupe of pages. 1st page how many rooms? Next how many people followed by "see if you qualify for special discounts" and you check the applicable "over 55", military, emt, fireman, crown & anchor (fill in your C&A number), next page select your room (interior, balcony, suite, etc), you will eventually get to the actual cost page which will show you a breakdown of the discounts you qualify for. :27_sunglasses:

I just repriced our cruise yesterday because the new promo showed a small savings.  I wasn't logged in when I checked to see if the current promotion saved us anything toward our scheduled cruise.  Notified TA of the savings and she came up with the same price I was seeing.  Again, maybe it's the stateroom category we chose or the ships or our C/A level but I never noticed a difference between any  cruise fare that I would see, not logged in, and the booked price I would get.  Just my experience.  

The only time I have never known of a remarkably lower C&A price was when Empress first came back.  The C&A prices for those cruises, for just a few days, were really exceptional.  Of course, that was followed immediately by 2 cancellations of that incredibly low cost cruise so needless to say, no low cost Empress cruise was ever realized.

Other than that one time, I haven't noted any really special deals for C&A members.