Icon of the Seas: Change to what is Adults area - now the Hideaway

Saw it mentioned in an article by cruise critic and it is now showing this way on the app - while initially indicated to be the Cloud 7 area, it is now the Hideaway that is the 18+ only area and if you want to rent a day bed there you can't for anyone in your party undier 18

Definitely helps avoid confusion given the new Hideaway area on Coco Cay but feels like this area is a bit small and right below the Water Park so won't be very quiet 

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.3831d7312ccb1c596a6e4e34a018c2ca.png

18 minutes ago, Hoppy2BHere said:

Where’s our adults only, semi quiet, sunny if wanted, read a book or magazine, have some drinks, take a nap, chat with new friends, relaxation zone…? Oh wait.. what year is it?

Best bet for that might be in the Aquadome area, at least during the day

Probably not really much of an area for that outside 

11 hours ago, Hoppy2BHere said:

Where’s our adults only, semi quiet, sunny if wanted, read a book or magazine, have some drinks, take a nap, chat with new friends, relaxation zone…? Oh wait.. what year is it?

It's on every other RC ship.  This one... not happening

On 1/14/2024 at 8:19 AM, TheMaxRebo said:

Saw it mentioned in an article by cruise critic and it is now showing this way on the app - while initially indicated to be the Cloud 7 area, it is now the Hideaway that is the 18+ only area and if you want to rent a day bed there you can't for anyone in your party undier 18

Definitely helps avoid confusion given the new Hideaway area on Coco Cay but feels like this area is a bit small and right below the Water Park so won't be very quiet 

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.3831d7312ccb1c596a6e4e34a018c2ca.png

I'm glad to see this.  The Hideaway infinity pool looks great but small. 

Is this truly confirmed? If so, dabnabbit. We booked a day bed there, with the intent for the whole family to lounge (under 18 minor). Any suggestions of how to move to another daybed? Should we wait to see if the suite concierge can fix? 

Also, all the other options are showing as sold out. 

On 1/15/2024 at 10:06 AM, Doug_Texas said:

I'm glad to see this.  The Hideaway infinity pool looks great but small. 

I’m so excited, because this is our last family trip before my teenagers go off to university. So excited, that I booked everything I could EARLY to make this special. Icon of the seas will cost me $31,000 for 7 days:

Early booking 
The KEY (VIP)
Casita (on ship)
Cabana (Cococay)
Empire supper club 
Edge walk
Massages 
And also HIDEAWAY DAY BED
This week they changed Hideaway to 18 plus.
That is a problem for me because I booked this months ago when it Was not 18 plus.

Our young adults are not 18 but will be entering the Hideaway as my reservation says they could when purchased. I agree with the  adults only, but it should be 16 and over not 18 and over.
Just letting you know!

When purchasing the day bed it confirmed:

• (1) Champagne bottle (Insulated plastic bottle holder and ice bucket included)
  • Branded souvenir champagne glasses
  • (4) Pool towels
  • (4) Bottles of water
  • Side table for personal belongings
  • Dedicated beverage service

Guests under the age of 18 will receive complimentary mocktails to substitute the champagne bottle.

3 hours ago, K-Canada said:

When purchasing the day bed it confirmed:

• (1) Champagne bottle (Insulated plastic bottle holder and ice bucket included)
  • Branded souvenir champagne glasses
  • (4) Pool towels
  • (4) Bottles of water
  • Side table for personal belongings
  • Dedicated beverage service

Guests under the age of 18 will receive complimentary mocktails to substitute the champagne bottle.

They don’t stop people wearing t-shirts and flip flops in the MDR on formal night or check the age 18+ in Solariums so why would they pay any attention in the Hideaway?

3 hours ago, K-Canada said:

I’m so excited, because this is our last family trip before my teenagers go off to university. So excited, that I booked everything I could EARLY to make this special. Icon of the seas will cost me $31,000 for 7 days:

Early booking 
The KEY (VIP)
Casita (on ship)
Cabana (Cococay)
Empire supper club 
Edge walk
Massages 
And also HIDEAWAY DAY BED
This week they changed Hideaway to 18 plus.
That is a problem for me because I booked this months ago when it Was not 18 plus.

Our young adults are not 18 but will be entering the Hideaway as my reservation says they could when purchased. I agree with the  adults only, but it should be 16 and over not 18 and over.
Just letting you know!

As someone well over 18, I think breaking the rules because you feel you have a good reason stinks. Just letting you know.

On 1/14/2024 at 3:39 PM, Hoppy2BHere said:

I thought about this as well (even though it's not really of interest to me either way.) If you look at the ship deck plans and walkthrough videos, the Deck 17 / Cloud 17 area is  a small, separate deck very separated from everything else. There's not really much reason to walk through that area unless you're specifically going there. The only other things up there are the suite exclusive area and the sports court (but that's way on the other side). 

I think that area will have a lot of seating and should be pretty quiet. 

Overall, there seems to be a TON of seating on the ship, so finding an area that's not especially crowded or loud shouldn't be too difficult. 

It's important to remember that Royal is a family cruise line -- and Icon particularly is no-holds-barred designed to appeal to families. There will be quiet areas on Icon to relax, but if quiet adult time is one of the primary reasons you're going on the cruise, you should consider Celebrity or Virgin. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, I_Love_RCI said:

To close out this thread, I can confirm that the Hideaway is adults only. We had it booked for the inaugural and for our next sailing in March. We got refunded for having to cancel since we couldn't do it with our minor. 

which was the right thing to do. Sneaking a kid in because they ordered it a while ago is a lame excuse, just cancel and get that money back and use it for the something the family can do together, legitimately. 

On 1/22/2024 at 3:46 PM, Doug_Texas said:

They don’t stop people wearing t-shirts and flip flops in the MDR on formal night

Well...that's not a rule, 18+ for the Hideaway is.  

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

which was the right thing to do. Sneaking a kid in because they ordered it a while ago is a lame excuse, just cancel and get that money back and use it for the something the family can do together, legitimately. 

??? I don't understand your reference here to being the right thing to do unless you are confusing my post with K-Canada's post from above. I have no idea of what they may have done or not with their minors. 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:24 AM, I_Love_RCI said:

??? I don't understand your reference here to being the right thing to do unless you are confusing my post with K-Canada's post from above. I have no idea of what they may have done or not with their minors. 

I'm saying you did the correct thing, you were refunded since you couldn't bring your kids. 

Hideaway on the ship was great adults area, so much fun.  To me they solved what are drawbacks to Solarium.  Very large area and yet crowded.  Crew members come around with “champagne guns” to shoot champagne in your mouth in the infinity pool from 15 ft away.  We only saw one guy trying to sneak their young teenager in and they were immediately asked to leave.  Multiple large signs says 18+ only.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay… Spent some of the day here early yesterday while ship was at CC. Actually pretty relaxing and had the area mostly to ourselves and few other older folks like us (late 50s). We were able to get a couple of the mat like things just out of the water. Water was nice. Little cool to start but was pretty nice in the heat. Music was same as party time, but much much less volume. Good times.  
     Went to lunch, came back and things were picking up. It started getting busy with the post Coco Loco crowd. We bid them farewell when the masses started using the area around our feet as storage… Thank goodness for The Grove!!

J&S