Happy holidays!

Plasticbrain

Whether you celebrate Christmas/Yule or something/nothing else. I wish you and yours the very best. Here in Norway we celebrate on 24th (in the evening) with dinner and gifts, but many other European countries celebrate on the 25th. 23rd (tonight) is often marked with family/friends, tv and porridge + drinks. Since I am a 50% parent I get my kids tomorrow so today I am enjoying nuts, fruits and Harry Potter Movies. 

I am really happy to be a psrt of this community, you all (and especially @Matt ) have been a huge help already. 2024 marks my (2) first cruise(s) ever and I can not wait. 

Hope the next days are good for all of you, and as I have said before If you need any help/info about Norway (or UK, having a dad from Wales I am pretty well versed in UK too..) message me whenever. 

Being on a different timezone than most of you I am able to help at times others might be sleeping. 

Now to round this off before my Adhd mind makes me go all over the place again:

Positive holiday vibes and energy from Kristiansand,Norway to all of you! 

-Chris-

43 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Whatever gift giving opportunity makes your December, may at least one of those gifts be a free cruise.

Thank you, but I come from a "poor" family, so I am the only one in a position to afford a cruise, but I am taking my daughters and my mom on one next year. And going on one for myself too. That is all I can afford for 2024. I may be able to do one in 2025, not sure yet, depends on how many unexpected expenses I have and so on. But cruise or no cruise, spending time with family is the best. And having good food. Having come into money recently (long story short I got disabled so had to stop working, got insurance and replacement money, so now I have more money than I ever did when I worked as a bookstore manager, so even with all I gone through I am lucky, at age 39 I am still young enough, so having my first 2 cruises before turning 40 will be amazing, and hopefully the start of many more to come, i also have my own marketing company now and work a few hours a week for local companies, and ofcourse have my kids 50% so I am keeping busy) 

❤️

Greetings, Plasticbrain, and all the best to you and your family in the next few days!  That's so exciting for you to look forward to two cruises!  We have found that the ship experience is always wonderful no matter what excursions or "extras" one might choose to add on.  Enjoy looking forward to those cruises!  Happy Holidays to you.

13 minutes ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

Greetings, Plasticbrain, and all the best to you and your family in the next few days!  That's so exciting for you to look forward to two cruises!  We have found that the ship experience is always wonderful no matter what excursions or "extras" one might choose to add on.  Enjoy looking forward to those cruises!  Happy Holidays to you.

Thank you! Yes. But I think that the Oasis (Western med) will be perfect for my daughters, whilst Explorer is more than big enough for me when I am doing Greece and Adriatic on my own. I have set a goal to visit all 46 European countries in my life time, I am so far on 20/46 and will get 6 new ones next year, so getting there.. 😅. And I have splurged on some extras, but still it is expensive, my usual vacation budget for a year is around 5000$ next year I am using around 15000$, so that will not be something I can do every year (15000 is approx what I have to set aside each year after bills and  food and so). But I cant wait to start cruising and joining the gang 😁