Check-in time/arrival time issue

Maralya

Hi, I've read multiple posts regarding this, but I'm not sure what would apply to this situation and what to do. We're 3 groups sailing together, when evened out throughout every cabin, we have 4 full cabin. The daughter of one family will stay with our friends's family because it was more efficient this way. The daughter is 13, if it helps. The check-in times are very different, something like 10:30 a.m. for the friends and 1 p.m. for the family with the "extra" child.

With whom should the daughter show up at port (her parents or the family friends)? and at what time? Is it too late to link the reservation? Would that serve any purpose at this point? (we're sailing soon, and the later check-in time can't be changed for an earlier one). I think the family with an earlier check-in wishes to wishes to keep their set time to board if at all possible.

The question is, would be process in port be easier with the parents registering all their kids, even one sleeping on another cabin and whose arrival time has passed, OR a couple registering their child plus another one from another family? Would an authorization from the parents be required then?

I'm so confused, please help! 😉 Thanks

Linking the booking is really only good and important for dining times. So that means if the 13yo is on the booking with the family friend they are subject to the boarding time of the family friend. The major issue is the family friend would need the required paperwork to allow the 13 to board with them. So they should just board later with their family.

I would suggest the family that has the 10:30 boarding time just arrive later and closer to the 1pm timeframe.  I believe the 13 year old must be checked into the cabin she is assigned to but her family should be present to confirm they are also onboard and she has permission to stay in the other room.  We had a similar situation when I booked my husband in the room with our 3 granddaughters.  When checking in the rep wanted a permission paper since they have different last names.  My daughter was checking in at the same time so it was resolved…but more confusing than I imagined!