Pre-ordering deluxe drink package

I have pre-ordered the deluxe drink pack for upcoming 9/3 oasis cruise. When we check in at terminal and receive our sea pass cards will the "sticker" or whatever it is that indicates our package already be on it? I've read and heard on the podcast that it's best to pre-order drink packages to avoid waiting in line at one of the beverage package tables once on the ship. Also, how will we receive the cup for free style machines? Thank you, this is our seventh rc cruise but first time getting any type of drink package. 

The sticker will be applied to your Seapass, so you'll be able to use it right away. There might will be waiting in your stateroom, so you won't be able to use the Freestyle machines until you get your mugs, but you can get soda at any bar or restaurant with your card until then. 

Your SeaPass card will have a sticker already on it to indicate you have the drink package.

1 hour ago, Jason.H. said:

Also, how will we receive the cup for free style machines?

The cup(s) will be waiting in your stateroom

@jce2 Note that you do NOT need to use or carry the cup with you. The only reason you would need the cup is to use the Coca Cola Freestyle machines. The cups have an RFID chip that activates the machine, but you are limited to one fill-up per 15 minutes. If you've ever been to a Disneyworld resort, the cups work the same way there.

10 minutes ago, jce2 said:

Understood, and since Liberty (much to my disappointmen) doesn't have the machines it serves little purpose but might be nice to have

Very true. Except for on the Allure and on the Jewel, I simply left my mugs left wrapped in plastic and brought them home as gifts for the nieces. On my last cruise, I just left it wrapped in the cabin hoping that they might recycle it.

26 minutes ago, EmersonNZ said:

We had the cup waiting for us in the room along with internet details etc so I guess you couldn't use the cup before you got room access. I am sure though if I wanted I could have ordered a coke and just used my sea card etc..

Yes, you could have ordered a soda with your Seapass card; you just can't use the machines. When I was on the Allure in January, I actually received my internet access card at check-in; it was attached to my Seapass card, which made it very convenient. I'm not sure if this was a one-off situation or something they're starting to do.

Having the internet details on arrival certainly would be handy especially for those are flying in from overseas and may not have a local mobile with a data package etc (Keryn and I are in Australia and the US we have local SIM cards with mobile data etc but I imagine a lot of people don't).

If they were really cleaver and got their IT department sorted to look at the complete customer life cycle they would use the login you use for your cruise planner to log into the ships wireless as well. This really wouldn't be too difficult to do but would mean aligning your authentication systems to all use some like Active Directory etc. You could easily update user details to an on-board auth server at port (or via sat for that matter, I just wouldn't authenticate back to a land based service and instead use a ship based copy).

Defn buy in advance...nice to walk on and order that first drink without waiting. It can be quite busy and lined up by 1 or 2pm with people trying to buy the drink package.

Also, often you can get it for 20% off in advance.

Freestyle machines are great.....love it for the powerade in the mornings. Wish more ships had them as out of 10 cruises so far, I think 4 of them had it.