Wonder of the seas comedian: Paul Ogata

tonyfsu21

4 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Over the Thanksgiving holiday on Wonder we decided to go to the Attic comedy club and saw Paul Ogata. This guy was hilarious and a true professional at his craft. We literally didn’t stop laughing through his entire set. I hope to see him again on another ship (possibly Icon). 

We saw him on Wonder in June and agree 100%. You'd probably know better than me but my impression is that the comedians are staying on the ship (or at least that ship) for longer periods than they used to. I'm not suggesting he hasn't gotten off since June, of course, but I do know he was there for several weeks in a row and obviously he's back on Wonder now.

In any case, very funny guy. My running commentary on cruise ship comedians is that they should be banned from telling jokes about the ship. We get it... the cabins are small and people eat a lot. *groan*

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We saw him on Wonder in June and agree 100%. You'd probably know better than me but my impression is that the comedians are staying on the ship (or at least that ship) for longer periods than they used to. I'm not suggesting he hasn't gotten off since June, of course, but I do know he was there for several weeks in a row and obviously he's back on Wonder now.

In any case, very funny guy. My running commentary on cruise ship comedians is that they should be banned from telling jokes about the ship. We get it... the cabins are small and people eat a lot. *groan*

100% agree. The cruise ship shower jokes have “jumped the shark”. 

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

My running commentary on cruise ship comedians is that they should be banned from telling jokes about the ship. We get it... the cabins are small and people eat a lot. *groan*

I couldn't agree more. Same with the cruise directors jokes. However, the majority of people on cruise ships are still first timers or once every couple years cruisers and find these hilarious. Those of us who have heard the cruise ship jokes many many times are the ones rolling our eyes.

I’d seen him a few times on sailings out of NJ and I found him to be hilarious.  I went standby a few times just to see him again.  He was able to add some different material each time.  Watching him in the small venue reminded me of “back in the day” comedy clubs.  I’d almost consider booking the wonder just to see him again!

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I’d seen him a few times on sailings out of NJ and I found him to be hilarious.  I went standby a few times just to see him again.  He was able to add some different material each time.  Watching him in the small venue reminded me of “back in the day” comedy clubs.  I’d almost consider booking the wonder just to see him again!

Yes, I really like his quick witted interaction with the audience. This guy is a gem for Royal Caribbean.