NYE Tables

tonyfsu21

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

pre booking is available to reserve tables or chairs on the Promenade for NYE?

From all the NYE sailings that I have done, I cannot recall them being available ahead of time for booking. If you are in a suite, I think you can ask the suite concierge when they reach out a few days prior, that's the earliest from what I can recall. Otherwise, you book them once you get on board.

For our Odyssey sailing this year, it begins on 12/31 and I don't recall seeing anything in the cruise planner yet about NYE tables yet.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:30 AM, tonyfsu21 said:

Symphony 12/30 sailing. Hoping for a major Royal Up score this time!

I am on this same cruise.. Long long ago, the suite concierge used to send out a seating map of the tables that were being set up along the Promenade and you could book the exact table you wanted the week prior. More recently, they have been reserving you in just a generic area and you wait and see where they place your namecard when you arrive that night. On some of the smaller ships, when we boarded, there were already tables set up with little signs that said "Buy me for NY eve". This being a larger ship, not sure what they will do but can circle back (if I remember 🙂 ) when we receive the concierge email. Can't wait!

This thread has prompted me to go back to my live blog from SY NYE last year. This seems like something I would have documented. Sure enough, I did. 
Our suite concierge reached out to us a few days before sailing with the price list for promenade venues. The prices were not pretty. I am willing to bet they will be even uglier this year 😔

IMG_9144.jpeg

IMG_9145.jpeg

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This thread has prompted me to go back to my live blog from SY NYE last year. This seems like something I would have documented. Sure enough, I did. 
Our suite concierge reached out to us a few days before sailing with the price list for promenade venues. The prices were not pretty. I am willing to bet they will be even uglier this year 😔

IMG_9144.jpeg

IMG_9145.jpeg

This pricing MUST be for the overwater cabanas at Coco Cay. Another typo from the IT department. 😂Seriously, I will always upsize my happy meal but this is going slightly overboard. I think we will watch the promenade movie unfold at midnight while standing. 

10 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This pricing MUST be for the overwater cabanas at Coco Cay. Another typo from the IT department. 😂Seriously, I will always upsize my happy meal but this is going slightly overboard. I think we will watch the promenade movie unfold at midnight while standing. 

That's how we felt too last year. It's just too much. But fair warning, standing in the promenade wasn't too fun either. It was super crowded. I wonder where they will do the countdown on Odyssey this year. We have never done NYE on a Quantum class ship.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That's how we felt too last year. It's just too much. But fair warning, standing in the promenade wasn't too fun either. It was super crowded. I wonder where they will do the countdown on Odyssey this year. We have never done NYE on a Quantum class ship.

Oh I know, it’s a big mess of broken Champaign bottles and confetti. It gets really crazy! Good question re: venue on Odyssey. I don’t think the music hall is big enough but that would be my choice on that ship. You guys will have an amazing time. 

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Esplanade.  

The crowd and crush is part of the experience.  Look at NYC and Times Square - packed wall to wall bodies on NYE.   

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ugh! That is one of my least favourite parts of Quantum class ships. 
I was hoping for 270.

I imagine the CD could decide on 270.

Here is a pool deck video from Mitch on Odyssey.  So there is hope.

https://www.facebook.com/CruiseDirectorMitch/videos/happy-new-years-2022-from-odyssey-of-the-seasbahamas-nassau-odysseyoftheseas-roy/1562873297390900/