Diamond Drink Vouchers/ Can you purchase 1 UDP only?

2 minutes ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

Can I buy one Unlimited Drink Package (calling Royal) and have my spouse use my 4 Diamond drink vouchers , totaling 8 a day on his end?

Yes but you need to call and request this but you will need to buy one refreshment package as well. We did this on Harmony earlier this year. 

2 minutes ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

Thank You! My son gets 4 Diamond vouchers as well..since he is not drinking age, do we still have to get refreshment package?

No, only adults count. The point of the policy is to prevent adults from "sharing" one DBP. It's a moot point with a minor.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

If your spouse is in the same cabin as you, no. If one adult buys the Deluxe Beverage Package, then all other adults in the same room must buy it too.

Best you could do is call Royal and your spouse could get the non-alcoholic drink package (Royal Refreshment).

If your spouse is in the same cabin as you, no. If one adult buys the Deluxe Beverage Package, then all other adults in the same room must buy it too.

Best you could do is call Royal and your spouse could get the non-alcoholic drink package (Royal Refreshment).

Just now, YellowBrickRoad said:

Thanks again for the info!

Just now, YellowBrickRoad said:

Thanks again for the info!

Thanks Matt! Helpful in figuring out Royal math and if it’s worth going this route…

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, only adults count. The point of the policy is to prevent adults from "sharing" one DBP. It's a moot point with a minor.

So if I wanted to get  one UDP, I would need to get a refreshment package for my husband and my son.. will have to see if that balances out with the vouchers. 
It will be first time using vouchers so I appreciate your help. We were always use to getting the UDP for both of us. 

1 minute ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

So if I wanted to get  one UDP, I would need to get a refreshment package for my husband and my son.. will have to see if that balances out with the vouchers. 
It will be first time using vouchers so I appreciate your help. We were always use to getting the UDP for both of us. 

No, your son will not need any kind of package....the "rule" only applies to the adults in the room.

Or... you could pre-purchase the refreshment package online through the cruise planner for your spouse.... then call and purchase the drink package for yourself only (this has to be done via phone call), and then cancel your spouse's refreshment package through the cruise planner.  Works every time... (or so I hear 😉