Muster station location check in?

Ya know it's funny we cruised twice last year for the first time out of the horrible pandemic but can't remember what we used for muster drill check in? You don't get your sea pass card till the room is ready at like 1 o'clock. Well I don't want to wait that long to do muster drill check in when we will be on the ship by 11 AM. So you use your set sail pass? How do you check in at the actual muster station location if you don't have your sea pass card just yet? I want to get that done by 11:30 if possible. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Gilley said:

So there is not set time for the Muster drill?  Im on Liberty in 2 days.  

No, it starts around 11am and should be completed before the ship leaves port. Inevitably you'll hear announcements as it gets closer to sail away chastising those who haven't completed it yet.

53 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yup, that's my plan. We are on Liberty October 19th and plan to be on the ship by 11 and finished with muster drill by 11:30 the latest. 🤣 maybe push it to 11:15. 

So do you head to the windjammer after you finish muster.  Im not in a suite, or any high class, just an old inside cabin.   What time should I expect my cabin to be ready?  Thinking to eat and do Solarium until my cabin is ready.

16 minutes ago, Gilley said:

So do you head to the windjammer after you finish muster.  Im not in a suite, or any high class, just an old inside cabin.   What time should I expect my cabin to be ready?  Thinking to eat and do Solarium until my cabin is ready.

We have a specialty lunch at Chops at 12 noon. The Windjammer while an awesome spot is too busy and chaotic for us. We always do a specialty lunch on embarkation day. Liberty it's Chops, Anthem in February is Jamie's Italian. Just a nice relaxing way to start the cruise and for 60 bucks it's pretty cheap. 

8 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The Windjammer while an awesome spot is too busy and chaotic for us.

Everyone should do what they like; I'm not here to convince anyone of anything.

That said, FWIW, as a WJ fan who routinely goes there on embarkation day... in my experience if you get there right when it opens it's really not that bad. It takes some time to get chaotic as many cruisers haven't boarded yet, many are wandering around, figuring out where things are if they're not experienced cruisers, etc. It will eventually get crowded for sure but getting there early can help mitigate the crowds and chaos so many try to avoid.

10 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everyone should do what they like; I'm not here to convince anyone of anything.

That said, FWIW, as a WJ fan who routinely goes there on embarkation day... in my experience if you get there right when it opens it's really not that bad. It takes some time to get chaotic as many cruisers haven't boarded yet, many are wandering around, figuring out where things are if they're not experienced cruisers, etc. It will eventually get crowded for sure but getting there early can help mitigate the crowds and chaos so many try to avoid.

I have a question for you and the windjammer on a regular day, not embarkation. Sometimes when we go to breakfast in the Windjammer its super packed and then sometimes we luck out and its very quiet and less crowded. What would you say the sweet spot time for the Windjammer for breakfast?

36 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I have a question for you and the windjammer on a regular day, not embarkation. Sometimes when we go to breakfast in the Windjammer its super packed and then sometimes we luck out and its very quiet and less crowded. What would you say the sweet spot time for the Windjammer for breakfast?

As early as possible. We get up very early.

All this said, every cruise is different, more people may eat early on a port day so they can get off the ship early, on smaller ships you have less options, etc.

Just sharing my experiences of course (mostly on Oasis class although I was also on Indy for 11 nights last year and ate a lot of WJ b/c of lack of options... which will be the same for you on Liberty). I'm not trying to say the WJ doesn't get crazy nor telling people who don't like buffets and/or crowds they should go there.

I'm also very laid back and can enjoy my meal even if it is crowded so I'm going to be less bothered than others. Hope that helps.