Escape room and laser tag help

Forst time saling with royal. We sail on wonder of the seas Oct 22nd, we are past the check in date. 

The app hasn't ever (and still doesn't) show the escape room reservations. However, I just happened to log into my account from my desktop, just kind of scrolling around, and weirdly the escape room sign up was there. I then double checked the app, and its still not on the app. Sadly, the escape room on desktop says sold out. Is there a possibility more will open up as we get closer to cruising? Will it ever appear on the app?

I have teen boys, they really wanted to do that. 

Also, will the laser tag also have sign ups on the app? Or is it like the slides where you just go wait in line? Or is it a pre sign up? Does it open before we go? (I can't find it in the app) or is it available once we get on board? What about zipline? Or flowrider? 

Thank you so much for everyone's help, I honestly searched for the answers but couldnt find any, im sorry if its stupid questions. You've all really helped us prepare for this trip, we are so excited!! 

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is an escape room. It’s in  Adventure Ocean. It was free but limited space. First come first serve. 6 tables x 6-7 people per table.

It was free but required reservations in June and "sold out" quickly pre-cruise. I believe it was limited to parties of 12 (may have been 14-16 but definitely not 30+, the room is way too small and there aren't enough puzzles). Our family of 8 was joined by another family.

It was a lot of fun but everyone should be aware that it's free because it's not a true escape room. It's a bunch of different puzzles in a completely bare, un-decorated room. It was explained to us that they had to strip the actual escape room since it was originally designed for the Chinese market. When Covid forced Wonder to change plans, they had to scrap it. That said, it's still worth doing, especially since it's free. The puzzles are quite hard. One math-based puzzle had me and my niece stumped for a bit... and we were told after the fact it was because it was designed with Chinese math in mind and there are some left vs. right issues compared to how we do math here, lol.

9 hours ago, bryanjanettesmith said:

Sadly, the escape room on desktop says sold out. Is there a possibility more will open up as we get closer to cruising? Will it ever appear on the app?

Anything is possible, people could cancel. Just keep checking, ask on board, etc. It "should" be on the app but, in my experience, booking things works better from the website. The app is notoriously temperamental.

We were able to sign up for laser tag on the app after we boarded. They offered if a couple of different days but we could only sign up once. However, our son really wanted to play again so we showed the second time they offered it and they allowed us to play since the game wasn’t full. Our son really enjoyed it. I hope you guys have a good time. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2023 at 12:09 PM, Cruiser3812 said:

We were able to sign up for laser tag on the app after we boarded. They offered if a couple of different days but we could only sign up once. However, our son really wanted to play again so we showed the second time they offered it and they allowed us to play since the game wasn’t full. Our son really enjoyed it. I hope you guys have a good time. 

Just confirming - laser tag was not available to book before the cruise? You had to wait until boarding, and then were able to book it on the app? What were the general days and hours that were available? (ok if don't remember exactly, just looking for a ballpark) And how long would you say it took? This will be our first experience on a ship with these two activities (escape room and laser tag) and we're really excited about them!!

47 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Just confirming - laser tag was not available to book before the cruise? You had to wait until boarding, and then were able to book it on the app? What were the general days and hours that were available? (ok if don't remember exactly, just looking for a ballpark) And how long would you say it took? This will be our first experience on a ship with these two activities (escape room and laser tag) and we're really excited about them!!

Yes..laser tag won't even show up until you're on board, but you'll find it in the app and be able to book multiple times if you want. It seemed to be on port days, but ran for a majority of the day. For the escape room, definitely swing by and find the host outside and inquire about cancelations. We were right down the hall from it on Oasis recently and we walked by multiple times where we heard them telling a group that not enough people showed up or signed up, so they had to merge groups from multiple time slots together.  

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

Yes..laser tag won't even show up until you're on board, but you'll find it in the app and be able to book multiple times if you want. It seemed to be on port days, but ran for a majority of the day. For the escape room, definitely swing by and find the host outside and inquire about cancelations. We were right down the hall from it on Oasis recently and we walked by multiple times where we heard them telling a group that not enough people showed up or signed up, so they had to merge groups from multiple time slots together.  

I can actually book the Escape room right now on the app for my cruise in March. 

13 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I can actually book the Escape room right now on the app for my cruise in March. 

Yep-what @Xaa said-escape room is a purchased item, so they want you to do that ahead of time. Laser tag won't show up until you are on board... and it does fill up fairly quickly. We missed it our first time because we waited until late in day 2 to look for times, so make sure you try to do it on the app sometime shortly after you board .  And I also agree, laser tag was a blast (make sure you listen to the pre-game instructions, we had a few people in our group not shooting properly because you HAVE to hold the gun with both hands for it to power up) 

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

We had early dining and had no problem doing it. We went right from dinner, Dinner was at 5pm and we made a 6:30 reservation for laser tag

4 hours ago, need2cruz said:

if you don't get a time slot for later tag, just show up and tell them you are hoping they can squeeze you in.  Usually some people will overbook things, forget to come, change their mind, or don't have the proper footwear and they will accommodate you in.

Thanks! 

• 3 months later...

You can do it more than once, but I never have.  I'm not sure if you can book it yourself in the app more than once, though.  We recently did the pickle ball clinic on Oddysey, and afterwards I had mentioned we were going to sign up for laser tag.  One of the activities directors, Spencer, signed us up for the time slot we wanted, but then he was going to sign up for an additional slot, if we wanted it.  We only wanted to do it once, though.  So I know you can have more than one reservation at a time.