Cape liberty arrival time

Jpando12

We departed from Cape Liberty a couple days ago. Our planned boarding time was 1:30, but the latest a shuttle was running was 10:30. So we had planned to just hang out at the port for a couple hours, but they ended up just pushing people through regardless of boarding times. I think we were on by 11:30 or so?

Be wary of the line to get into the port though. It went relatively quickly for us in a shuttle, but the line was pretty long.

38 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Backups to park happen when

1. The gates aren’t open to the outdoor lot if the cruise is not one of the 2 big ships or

2. people feel the need to arrive earlier than their check in time.

Backups can also happen if the cruise ship is late coming into port.  Our July 28 cruise had a huge backup due to the previous cruise not arriving until after 7:30.  With the clearance wait passengers did not disembarking until after 8 and were still not fully off the ship until probably 11am!  The lots were jammed with everyone trying to leave while the new cruisers were tied up in huge traffic jams all around the area which also did not help the ones trying to leave!  The saddest part was there really were no directions being offered by any of the many workers outside who should have been directing all this crazy traffic!  It was the kind of mess I never want to experience again!

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Backups can also happen if the cruise ship is late coming into port.  Our July 28 cruise had a huge backup due to the previous cruise not arriving until after 7:30.  With the clearance wait passengers did not disembarking until after 8 and were still not fully off the ship until probably 11am!  The lots were jammed with everyone trying to leave while the new cruisers were tied up in huge traffic jams all around the area which also did not help the ones trying to leave!  The saddest part was there really were no directions being offered by any of the many workers outside who should have been directing all this crazy traffic!  It was the kind of mess I never want to experience again!

I agree.  We’ve received text/notifications a few times about showing up one or two hours later than our original check in.  Don’t know if it happens for all late cruises or if everyone has their cells set for notifications 

18 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Driving in this part of North Jersey is often a nightmare - I can't imagine trying to get somewhere like a cruise port with traffic and backups. In this region, I've often seen people driving on the shoulder (for long stretches - like it is another lane) in order to pass other cars and "get in front".

17 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I agree.  We’ve received text/notifications a few times about showing up one or two hours later than our original check in.  Don’t know if it happens for all late cruises or if everyone has their cells set for notifications 

Lol we actually got notifications to arrive an hour and half late…but we were already there!  Perhaps they should have sent the message out as soon as they knew the arriving ship was delayed! 🤷‍♀️