Check in is Sept 4th but says it's closed?

RCIfan1912

Is this normal? Been counting down the days to check in and on the app it has says September 4th. On the website Sept 4th. Check it today a few times and that's what it says. I was going to ask midnight check in just to get our arrival time at the Cape Liberty but it says now "check in closed". That seem odd or normal just before actual check in begins? Oh the app it says that. Website still says Sept 4th. App is better for check in obviously. 

Had a similar experience with Wonder in late April. Both the website & app were goofy........and that was like 2 days after check in began. Waited another 4 days and the website was fine, didn't bother with the app. All 3 of our trips we did the heavy lifting on the website and only the safety briefing on the app. And the safety briefing completion/verification was an utter clown car comedy act for me on the April trip. Kept getting alerts on the app I had not gone to muster station when I in fact had........4 times the Set Sail barcode was scanned. The fifth time was a charm, a crew member somehow force fed it into the system. My wife had no problem at all.

1 minute ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Had a similar experience with Wonder in late April. Both the website & app were goofy........and that was like 2 days after check in began. Waited another 4 days and the website was fine, didn't bother with the app. All 3 of our trips we did the heavy lifting on the website and only the safety briefing on the app. And the safety briefing completion/verification was an utter clown car comedy act for me on the April trip. Kept getting alerts on the app I had not gone to muster station when I in fact had........4 times the Set Sail barcode was scanned. The fifth time was a charm, a crew member somehow force fed it into the system. My wife had no problem at all.

Oh man we kinda need a very early check in as we have Chops booked for noon. We also like to board early in general. Can't have any delays and get a very late boarding time. 

1 minute ago, Cactus527 said:

When I did my last check in for my cruise in a few weeks, it showed as closed/ unavailable for the entire day before I could actually check in. After midnight that day that I could check in, it showed it as closed until about 12:04am. Then it was magically open.

There excellent news, I will hope that is the case here. Just need an early check in. Thank you for the info. 

It was a bit wonky but I got the earliest arrival time. 9:30-10:00. That's all I did so far, that's all i really wanted for now. I'll do the rest tomorrow. 

The wonky part was when I opened the app there was this weird orange message at the top saying "they hit a snag and couldn't complete my request". Something to that affect. After I got that to go away I was able to secure our time slot. Thanka for the info and help. 

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

What port offers 9:30? Just curious.

Glad it worked out, btw, we also always want the earliest time (which is 10:30 at PC).

Yeah I was wrong about that, it was midnight and read it wrong, its 10:30. That's actually perfect. Hopefully on the ship at 10:45 and then we have an hour to explore before Chops at noon for a nice relaxing quiet lunch far, far away from the Windjammer.