Just back from Indy - Any questions?

chodnett

Independence of the Seas - 4 Nights - Nassau, Perfect Day - 8/14/23-8/18/23

Hey all!

We’re just off our 4-night cruise on Independence of the Seas. Below are my Top 3 / Bottom 3, and I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Top 3

1) Chops Grille remains undefeated. It continues to be my favorite meal at sea.

2) Adventure Ocean is such a fantastic benefit. My kids proactively ask to go each night.

3) Really love the pool strategy on Indy. Great main pool area, plenty of hot tubs, and Splashaway Bay with a large kids pool is such a win.

Bottom 3

1) Surprisingly, I would rate this as the “least friendly” cruise I’ve been on. Most crew just seemed to be getting by. Our Stateroom attendant barely spoke to us all week, even when passing him and trying to speak to him in the hall.

2) I had inconsistent experience with Diamond Drinks on CocoCay. Each time, I would ask the bartender to use my Diamond drink. Twice, I was still charged. Both times (different bartenders), they said I could just use my remaining drinks back onboard. Pretty frustrating.

3) The food in the Windjammer on this sailing was subpar. We normally love WJ food, and will eat nearly every breakfast and lunch there. But we found ourselves going to Sorrentos or Fish & Ships just so we weren’t subjected to the disappointment.

8 minutes ago, chodnett said:

they said I could just use my remaining drinks back onboard. Pretty frustrating

That's an awful and clearly unacceptable response.

I've had drinks mistakenly charged and didn't notice til later... at which point the DL concierge was always happy to take them off. I'm a very laid back guy but if a bartender ever said that to me...

Enjoy Wonder next month. I can almost guarantee you'll have a better experience (on the ship at least).

10 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’ll be on Indy in November.  How is the chicken at Fish ‘n Ships?  I understand the smaller snack items are now free…which is nice.

Naturally we sailed Indy twice for a total of 11 nights last year BEFORE they made most of Fish N Ships free. My only minor complaint (more of a wish list item) was that there wasn't an additional included food venue like El Loco... obviously now there is which I agree is nice. The chicken would have even worked for my extremely picky wife (unless it's terrible).

40 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’ll be on Indy in November.  How is the chicken at Fish ‘n Ships?  I understand the smaller snack items are now free…which is nice.

Did you check out Grease in the main theater?  Haven’t seen any recent reviews….

Thanks for answering

I’m gong to be honest about Fish n Ships… they’d be better off putting El Loco Fresh in this spot. It’s nice having another free spot, but the chicken is on par with Windjammer chicken strips.

We did not go to Grease on this sailing. Sorry!

On 8/18/2023 at 4:38 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Did you check out Grease in the main theater?  Haven’t seen any recent reviews….

Thanks for answering

We saw Grease end of June and it was great!