Oasis of the Seas - Best place to be when ship embarks

Steven K

Hi all,
My fiancé and I will be travelling on our very first RCL cruise (and her first cruise ever) next month on the Oasis of the Seas. I'm curious as to where everyone recommends we stand when the ship embarks and is passing under the bridges in NYC. Do we find some place on the aft? Starboard? etc.  Any suggestions are much appreciated 

We just happen to by accident find a good spot but forgive me as we only sailed her once so it's hard to explain. It was directly above the hot tubs of the solarium. It's a bit of a wing I guess and it was purely by accident that it was a good spot. Hope that helps but I'm sure others have much better spots. 

If you're sailing Star or Sky Class, the suite sun deck (enter from deck 16 > 17) is a great place with few people around to crowd you. We've done sailaway from there before on Symphony and it was great.

If not..at the front of the solarium (outside - deck 15). There's a good look of this space in the video here:

Another option if you want to go aft instead of forward would be near the Wipeout Bar/Ultimate Abyss entrance (enter from deck 15 > 16) here:

We were on Oasis a few weeks ago and I wanted the perfect spot for my grandkids as this was their first cruise ever.  So we ended up on deck 16 Starboard side (after seeing the Statue of Liberty on Port side) close to the front.  It was a great spot and they enjoyed the view completely!

7 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We just happen to by accident find a good spot but forgive me as we only sailed her once so it's hard to explain. It was directly above the hot tubs of the solarium. It's a bit of a wing I guess and it was purely by accident that it was a good spot. Hope that helps but I'm sure others have much better spots. 

The Bridge wing. Awesome spot!

7 hours ago, Steven K said:

Hi all,
My fiancé and I will be travelling on our very first RCL cruise (and her first cruise ever) next month on the Oasis of the Seas. I'm curious as to where everyone recommends we stand when the ship embarks and is passing under the bridges in NYC. Do we find some place on the aft? Starboard? etc.  Any suggestions are much appreciated 

My number one choice would be the Bridge wing! Check oout Matt's awesome blog on secret places!

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/10/13/8-secret-spots-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships

oasis-of-the-seas-wing.webp