Barefoot Beach Club for Suite Guests

Is this anything special? We have a loft suite on HOTS and AOTS later this year and they both make stops in Labadee. I've been 10+ times to Labadee but never really paid attention to what the suite guests get to take advantage of. Thanks for any info.

PS: If anyone ever has any Fort Lauderdale specific questions prior to cruising please feel free to ask away as I am a local.

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

PS: If anyone ever has any Fort Lauderdale specific questions prior to cruising please feel free to ask away as I am a local.

I do!  We will be arriving on saturday (the day before our march 25 6 day freedom cruise) and we will have the whole saturday before we fly out on sunday.  I would love any ideas for hotels or activities,  good beaches etc.  I was thinking water taxi day pass but didn't get much farther!   Jane

If you have never seen the Everglades take an Uber to Everglades Holiday Park and go on an airboat ride. It's pretty entertaining if you have never done it. You could also catch the water taxi at the Hilton Marina (close to port) and take it to the Margaritaville Hotel stop. Walk across the street & cut through the hotel to the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk (lots to see & do). If you want to stay local to Fort Lauderdale beaches just take an Uber to Fort Lauderdale beach (las olas) and enjoy the beach. There's lots of dining choices & the beach is perfection. 

Only major things I can think of...

Upgraded lunch buffet. No need to carry off/back a towel. Beach isn't as croweded. (Maybe perk) no loud obnoxious drink sales [On Oasis by Columbus cove they had a vehicle playing loud music going around selling coconut drinks]. A bar is very close by.

6 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Only major things I can think of...

Upgraded lunch buffet. No need to carry off/back a towel. Beach isn't as croweded. (Maybe perk) no loud obnoxious drink sales [On Oasis by Columbus cove they had a vehicle playing loud music going around selling coconut drinks]. A bar is very close by.

I liked the proximity to the bar and washrooms. The buffet I found to be a bit of a let down, considering it was "upgraded" from peasant class...

We'll be back there this summer and springing for a cabana so our family in peasant class can join us heh

Yeah, the buffet isn't a huge upgrade. Still has the same hamburgers and hot dogs the other stations have. But the stand out items were things like shrimp/seafood skewers, grilled meat (pork and beef/steak), think I've seen lamb chops.

Not that it matters to me, during the first wave at lunch they were handing out real plates and flatware.

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

Yeah, the buffet isn't a huge upgrade. Still has the same hamburgers and hot dogs the other stations have. But the stand out items were things like shrimp/seafood skewers, grilled meat (pork and beef/steak), think I've seen lamb chops.

Not that it matters to me, during the first wave at lunch they were handing out real plates and flatware.

In my experience, while most of the food is the same (plus a few items) and it LOOKS the same, it actually tastes better.