Pictures on formal night

SLM

Hi, We are cruising on Liberty of the Seas to Bermuda.  Formal night is the first day at sea. We want to get pictures of our nuclear family, as well as pictures with the larger group we are traveling with. We have 5:30p dining. Can anyone tell me what time the photographers set up in the atrium on formal night?  And are there other lesser know spots where photographers set up on formal night? Thanks!

There will be several photographers set up in locations around the promenade. They should be set up before and after your 5:30 dinner time.  I would plan to meet at 5pm and try to hit a few spots before dinner.  It will be a little busier after dinner, but it is usually only a short wait at each location.  They will accommodate any combination of shots that you want.  You don't need to buy any that you don't want.

I imagine it changes from ship to ship but the last 3 we have been on the backdrops/ropes set up around 4-430 and then the photographers all emerge and walk to their stations at 5.  We were travelling with young kids and were trying to get photos as quickly after getting dressed/before they could spill anything on them so we timed it out.  If you want to knock out your larger group and nuclear family all at once I would recommend picking your preferred backdrop/setting and park your group there at 5 of.  The stairways in the promenade are usually a good choice for big crowds because you can stack people.  That way you make sure you have a shot at getting what you want.  

With that said, if you ever see a photographer set up who does not have a line, stop and get some photos taken.  If they do not have a line they tend to be more willing to try extra things and with a big crowd the more photos you have the more likely everyone will be happy with how they look in at least one of the photos.  It cost you nothing but time to have the photos shot.