Smelly Room

Hello! Who would I get into contact with over a serious complaint.  Our room smelt like a portapotty for the 1st 4 days of our trip.  We had a plumber come 3x and a manager never came to the room.  Our entire trip was ruined.  We went to guest services and were offered $100... we spent so much $$ on the trip and it was disgusting 

13 hours ago, DiannaDunne said:

No really!? We were told there was nothing they could do on the ship by Guest Services

An issue like this can only be properly escalated while on board.  You would have had to keep complaining and working your way up the management chain.  Of course, it IS possible there was no empty room available to move you in which case I would hope someone high enough up would have offered more than $100.  And as someone already mentioned, this site has no affiliation with Royal.  We're all just fans here.

I’m sorry that happened.  When I had a room that smelled like smokestack smoke I complained and they actually sent the stateroom supervisor to take a sniff. The person denied smelling anything.  I mentioned the smell was giving me a headache and then they sent another supervisor for a sniff test and they too couldn’t smell anything but they moved me.  I know darn well they could smell something or they never would have moved me.  I wasn’t kicking and screaming or threatening to write letters, but was thrilled they did move me.  I recommend if it happens again to request a supervisor to come to your cabin. If the smell has you feeling ill say so.  As for post cruise complaints, I’d write a detailed email to MBayley (CEO of Royal) including your list of dates/times (approximation) of complaints made and plumber visits.  I know guest services logs in complaints-and if you don’t see them doing lots of typing when you complain it isn’t being registered., so be sure to say you want your complaint logged.  Customer service can verify your logged complaints and may give you some additional type of compensation when you mention #of days inconvenienced as well as the insulting $100 credit.