Grand Panoramic Suite Allure of the Seas

Hi all. We experienced Star Class for the first time last year on Harmony of the Seas. And I'm hooked! We were in a 2BR AquaTheater suite, and loved it. Allure is in Galveston now, very convenient as we're in the DFW area. I was wondering how the Grand Panoramic compares. It's more expensive, but is it better?

I was also wondering if the tub on the balcony is an actual hot tub, or just a soaking tub.

Thanks in advance!

Both @twangsterand I have previously booked this suite on OA.  To date, this is my favorite suite of any I have stayed in.  It’s enormous.  The only downside to this suite is the awkwardly narrow balcony.  For such a big suite, the balcony is very small.  Frankly, we never even got in the hot tub but it appeared to be a genuine hot tub.  I think @twangsterdid use it when he had that suite.  I definitely recommend this suite.  It’s much more convenient than the ATS due to its proximity to the other Suites amenities.  

The hot tub has its own filling faucet and a floor drain much like a bathtub at home.  If you put only hot water in it will be hot enough to be too hot, to the point you will need to add some cold water. 

I don't know that there is a heater like a home hot tub on a patio would have but if the water begins to cool just drain some off and open the hot water faucet to warm it up much like you might do for an extended soak in a bathtub at home.

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't know that there is a heater like a home hot tub on a patio would have but if the water begins to cool just drain some off and open the hot water faucet to warm it up much like you might do for an extended soak in a bathtub at home.

Since this room is Star Class ask Genie for an ice chest of beer to have available when in tub.

If the water temperature drops below body temperature, use your faucet to warm it back up. 

23 hours ago, BlueSeas4Me said:

Thank you everyone. We are booked in another 2BR AquaTheater on Allure this fall, and was interested in opinions just in case we get the chance to RU!

We've been on both the owners panoramic (1701) on Oasis and grand panoramic (1758) on Allure and we love these suites,  they are very spacious and the bathrooms are awesome.  Also you can lay in bed and watch the sea go by.....Highly recommend!

The grand and owners panoramic suites are beautiful. They are perfect for a couple but may lack privacy in the bathroom, the frosted sliding bedroom door separating the living room can be problematic if others are trying to sleep in either the pull out sofa or bedroom and the walls do not go to the ceiling. That may or may not matter to you. We have yet to find a perfect suite; they all have pros and cons that we like and we would definitely stay in this suite again. The deck is quite small compared to decks of other star class suites. The tub on the deck is not a true hot tub.  It has to be filled on each use, the water is warm/hot like bath water and there are no chemicals/testing. Our genie said the stateroom attendant would be happy to fill the tub for us. A reminder that the windows in the master bedroom are two way glass so you can be seen from the deck below. No idea why I thought they were one way.  🤦‍♀️