Cabana in Labadee Hati

tmh

Hello,

Has anyone reserved a beach cabana at Labadee?  I looked at the price and it just seems extremely pricey as it is priced per person and not per day.  I'm seeing $225.75 USD Adult, $225.75 USD Child.  Does anyone know if there are less expensive cabana's for rent upon arrival? 

And....if you have reserved one of these cabanas before,....what if, you only reserved it for one person but you are with a group and they all join in at your cabana?? Is there some sort of "check" system RCC uses to check use of the cabanas?

If cabanas are not an option, I'm assuming there are plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas???

Thank you!

Hello,

Has anyone reserved a beach cabana at Labadee?  I looked at the price and it just seems extremely pricey as it is priced per person and not per day.  I'm seeing $225.75 USD Adult, $225.75 USD Child.  Does anyone know if there are less expensive cabana's for rent upon arrival? 

And....if you have reserved one of these cabanas before,....what if, you only reserved it for one person but you are with a group and they all join in at your cabana?? Is there some sort of "check" system RCC uses to check use of the cabanas?

If cabanas are not an option, I'm assuming there are plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas???

Thank you!

Hi, I know it says the Cabana is per person and per child but its not. Its just a Flat rate of $225.00 for i believe up to 6 people per cabana. Last September I rented a Cabana and I had 3 other people with me and I was only charged for 1 person. Hope that helps. 

Great photos Marc. What did you think of the over-the-water cabanas?  I always felt while a nice view, they seemed like more "work" because you have to walk back down stairs to go swim or anywhere else, whereas on the beach cabanas are cheaper and easier to get in and out of.  But that's just my perception.

If you decide to do something else at Labadee, I highly recommend the "Haitian Cultural Tour".  They take you offsite to the lovely beach here: http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2013/10/02/on-site-haiti-discovering-bamboo-beach-bar-in-le-nord/  It's a nice secluded beach away from the crowds at Labadee - when we were there there were perhaps two dozen people at the beach.  If you want to check it out on Google Earth it's at 19°45'35.67" N  72°15'29.98" W.  There's also a small freshwater river coming down from the mountains at the west end of the beach so you can clean off the salt water before returning.  

The "tour" takes you into the hills for a bit for a short display of agricultural products, etc., and a low-pressure opportunity to buy souvenirs.

The small bar was lovely, and cheap.  When we took the tour in 2011 the guide was a nice French Canadian lady that clearly loved Haiti and the Haitian people.  

The tour was like discovering a hidden secret that few people knew about.  A+ in my book.  

If I ever get to Haiti again I'm going to try to go here:

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2013/12/12/on-site-haiti-unexpected-private-island-bliss-at-ile-ara/

Great photos Marc. What did you think of the over-the-water cabanas?  I always felt while a nice view, they seemed like more "work" because you have to walk back down stairs to go swim or anywhere else, whereas on the beach cabanas are cheaper and easier to get in and out of.  But that's just my perception.

There were stairs that led directly down from the cabana into the water, so that was pretty cool.

Honestly, they're all good. We've had beach cabanas over at Barefoot Beach in the past and they were good, too. They were a bit further away from the water, so in terms of that, the over-the-water cabana was more convenient.

I simply liked having a place to hang out in the shade during the beach day at Labadee, whichever kind of cabana it may be. That said, I've got an over-the-water cabana booked for my next Allure of the Seas cruise in three weeks.

If you decide to do something else at Labadee, I highly recommend the "Haitian Cultural Tour".  They take you offsite to the lovely beach here: http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2013/10/02/on-site-haiti-discovering-bamboo-beach-bar-in-le-nord/  It's a nice secluded beach away from the crowds at Labadee - when we were there there were perhaps two dozen people at the beach.  If you want to check it out on Google Earth it's at 19°45'35.67" N  72°15'29.98" W.  There's also a small freshwater river coming down from the mountains at the west end of the beach so you can clean off the salt water before returning.  

The "tour" takes you into the hills for a bit for a short display of agricultural products, etc., and a low-pressure opportunity to buy souvenirs.

The small bar was lovely, and cheap.  When we took the tour in 2011 the guide was a nice French Canadian lady that clearly loved Haiti and the Haitian people.  

The tour was like discovering a hidden secret that few people knew about.  A+ in my book.  

If I ever get to Haiti again I'm going to try to go here:

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2013/12/12/on-site-haiti-unexpected-private-island-bliss-at-ile-ara/

Great review, thanks!

There were stairs that led directly down from the cabana into the water, so that was pretty cool.

Honestly, they're all good. We've had beach cabanas over at Barefoot Beach in the past and they were good, too. They were a bit further away from the water, so in terms of that, the over-the-water cabana was more convenient.

I simply liked having a place to hang out in the shade during the beach day at Labadee, whichever kind of cabana it may be. That said, I've got an over-the-water cabana booked for my next Allure of the Seas cruise in three weeks.

Good stuff, thanks Marc

• 8 months later...

Huntley, if I am not mistaken the cabanas are first made available to Grand Suite and above; if there are any left (which is extremely rare...I have never actually seen there be any unrented by the Suites guests) then they are made available to everyone else. I do not believe that Junior Suites qualify for the "first option" on the cabanas.

You asked about any of the sweet suite perks. I do not believe that Jr. Suites qualify for any of the suite perks...HOWEVER I have heard conflicting information (from RCI CS reps not just hear-say) that Jr. Suites are eligible to go to the Coastal Kitchen and suites lounge on the Oasis and Q Class. Whether this is actually the case or not I don't know. I have been in a Jr. Suite MANY times and have never been able to utilize any of the "Suite Perks".

That is why I now get at least a Grand Suite. I love Jr. Suites...they are much roomier and the ones on the aft are AWESOME but the Suite Perks are really nice and I have become accustomed to them so I am now completely and utterly spoiled and ruined for any other room ! How pathetic is that ?!

So, If I'm in a Mini Suite, am I entitled to any of the sweet suite perks? I mainly wondering if I would be able to pre-book a cabana rather than rushing to the excursions desk upon boarding?

Thanks,

Hunt

If by mini suite you mean junior suite, then no, your stateroom category does not count unfortunately.