Fans

You can bring any size that you want to pack.  I prefer one that I charge via USB.  You cannot bring an extension cord onto the ship (I mean, you can try, but more than often it will be confiscated prior to boarding) and the ones that they have are large and should really be saved for those who need them for medical equipment.

This one works great and has multiple speeds.  We just clip it to the night table next to the bed and it blows on my husband (who is the one who wants it anyway).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08866RDYK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You can bring any size that you want to pack.  I prefer one that I charge via USB.  You cannot bring an extension cord onto the ship (I mean, you can try, but more than often it will be confiscated prior to boarding) and the ones that they have are large and should really be saved for those who need them for medical equipment.

This one works great and has multiple speeds.  We just clip it to the night table next to the bed and it blows on my husband (who is the one who wants it anyway).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08866RDYK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Someone else posted they bring an extension cord all the time. Do you know if they put you through a metal detector or some type of pat down? Thinking about wrapping one around my waist lol it’s just a l5 ft 110 extension cord.

3 minutes ago, Cecile Struwe said:

Someone else posted they bring an extension cord all the time. Do you know if they put you through a metal detector or some type of pat down? Thinking about wrapping one around my waist lol it’s just a l5 ft 110 extension cord.

Your mileage may vary.  We got our extension cord through last week (for my husband's CPAP machine), which was good because the cord they gave us was not long enough so we needed the 2nd one. However, if you choose to use a corded fan, be prepared to not be able to use it in case it does get confiscated.  You, and your luggage, do go through a security screening (metal detector for you, xray for your luggage).  It's just easier to bring a USB-charged fan and know you'll be able to use it.

I always bring a small-ish (10in or so) travel fan onboard (plug in) and haven't had an issue yet either. I need moving air and some noise to sleep too. All of the cabins I've been in so far, Ive been able to plug in at the vanity and it still suffices if I sleep on the side of the bed that is closest. I'll have to think about a USB type if we start getting larger cabins though. Thanks for getting me thinking about that @SpeedNoodles. 🙂

2 hours ago, SemperMom said:

I always bring a small-ish (10in or so) travel fan onboard (plug in) and haven't had an issue yet either. I need moving air and some noise to sleep too. All of the cabins I've been in so far, Ive been able to plug in at the vanity and it still suffices if I sleep on the side of the bed that is closest. I'll have to think about a USB type if we start getting larger cabins though. Thanks for getting me thinking about that @SpeedNoodles. 🙂

I bought a travel USB fan and had concerns that it wasn't powerful enough for white noise. So I purchased my first sound machine with 3 different levels of fan sounds. I love it! It's like having a 20 inch fan on high, you cannot hear anything from outside your own cabin. I cannot recommend white noise machines enough!