Costa Maya Water Park Finally Reopening

melmar02

5 hours ago, Jeremy L. said:

I am on Wonder for the October 22-29 sailing later this year and will be visiting Costa Maya. I actually just booked this today for me, my wife, and my daughter, without any issues.

Did you book through Royal or the water park?

I haven't been to the waterpark at Coco Cay but from what I've read about it, you get a lot more at the Mayan Lost Kingdom waterpark. One thing I really enjoyed is that you can take an elevator up to the waterslides. There is also a whole zipline course (in addition to the waterslides which were fantastic). There's a decent pool there as well.

9 hours ago, tomcat1771 said:

I was just able to book this through Royal for our Voyager on July 24-29.   The option wasn’t there just 3 days ago.  

We were in Costa Maya yesterday, and was talking to one of the locals there.  He said they were working on getting the Mayan Lost Kingdom water park up and running soon, and was planning on offering free entry for the locals ONLY as a test to make sure everything worked properly, and then plan on allowing paying customers in.  He wasn't sure of the official opening date, but it appears to be sooner than later if others are seeing it available in the cruise planner!

• 5 weeks later...

Alright, so I'm sailing Wonder on October 22 this year. I had this waterpark booked. However, I noticed yesterday that the price went down and I could save $38 for the three of us. I canceled my excursion, and come to find out that this excursion isn't even showing on the cruise planner anymore. I went to my order history on the cruise planner and it says sold out. I contacted guest services and they said I will have to wait until I'm onboard to book or for other people to cancel. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I really don't understand how it can be sold out after I just canceled. It should've freed up three spots.

10 hours ago, Carlos A. said:

I think it was sold out before you canceled.

Doesn't make sense to me though, because:

1) If I canceled that should theoretically free up 3 spots, right?

2) The excursion isn't even showing on the main cruise planner website anymore.

@Jeremy L. perhaps you were repricing as they were canceling the excursion? It was listed for my 10/31 cruise, and now it is also no longer showing up. If I was Royal, I would have pulled them all when they first got notice that the water park would not be open yet too. I'm sure RC doesn't want to take the blame for canceling a bunch of excursions last minute.

The water park is completely unresponsive on Facebook, and I'm willing to bet they won't have a firm reopen date until they are purely doing cosmetic work. Contractors here are on their own timeline...add a touch of island time to that and the uncertainty increases exponentially.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:10 PM, melmar02 said:

@Jeremy L. perhaps you were repricing as they were canceling the excursion? It was listed for my 10/31 cruise, and now it is also no longer showing up. If I was Royal, I would have pulled them all when they first got notice that the water park would not be open yet too. I'm sure RC doesn't want to take the blame for canceling a bunch of excursions last minute.

The water park is completely unresponsive on Facebook, and I'm willing to bet they won't have a firm reopen date until they are purely doing cosmetic work. Contractors here are on their own timeline...add a touch of island time to that and the uncertainty increases exponentially.

Thanks for the insight. If the booking does come back up I'm going to be a little salty if I can't get it at the same price. I had already rebooked it once because the price had dropped.

• 3 weeks later...

This excursion has been closed since before Covid. This is why their website gives you a 404 error when attempting to buy tickets. For some reason, Royal Caribbean still lets you purchase tickets as an excursion. Then, when you get closer to your cruise date, (1-2 weeks away) you’ll get an email saying the excursion has been cancelled and to expect a refund. Aug ‘23

IMG_1260.jpeg

We did this water park pre-Covid and really enjoyed. The zip lines were awesome and the slides were high. We will definitely do again next time in Costa Maya. There was a shuttle running back and forth to the port as well so you could go back for lunch if you wanted. 

On 8/25/2023 at 5:49 AM, Moorean32 said:

This excursion has been closed since before Covid. This is why their website gives you a 404 error when attempting to buy tickets. For some reason, Royal Caribbean still lets you purchase tickets as an excursion. Then, when you get closer to your cruise date, (1-2 weeks away) you’ll get an email saying the excursion has been cancelled and to expect a refund. Aug ‘23

IMG_1260.jpeg

This is interesting because if you look at the most recent Google reviews, there are people saying that it is open.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...