Beverage package prices in £ compared to $

ValP

We are due to cruise on Grandeur in August.  We have booked the cruise from the UK.  We see that the beverage package prices, shown in £ when we log in to our booking, are inflated by about 20% compared to the advertised beverage package prices shown in $ on the US site.  For example, the current price for the Ultimate beverage package is £70.54 (which based on the current exchange rate of $1.28/£ is $90).  The current price for the same package on the US site is currently $74.99.

These are apparently 'discounted' 'pre-cruise' prices.

Can anyone currently or recently on-board, please tell me if the Ultimate beverage package is discounted once we arrive on-board?

Incidentally, the excursion prices seem to be similar in price (allowing for the exchange rate) whether in £ or $.  The price differential appears to affect only the dining and beverage packages.  Is this an error?

6 hours ago, ValP said:

We are due to cruise on Grandeur in August.  We have booked the cruise from the UK.  We see that the beverage package prices, shown in £ when we log in to our booking, are inflated by about 20% compared to the advertised beverage package prices shown in $ on the US site.  For example, the current price for the Ultimate beverage package is £70.54 (which based on the current exchange rate of $1.28/£ is $90).  The current price for the same package on the US site is currently $74.99.

Can anyone currently or recently on-board, please tell me if the Ultimate beverage package is discounted once we arrive on-board?

Incidentally, the excursion prices seem to be similar in price (allowing for the exchange rate) whether in £ or $.  The price differential appears to affect only the dining and beverage packages.  Is this an error?

It's always less expensive to pre-purchase your drink packages. 

6 hours ago, ValP said:

My understanding is that the UK and other non-US booking sites already include gratuity in their prices.  However, on the US site, they do not.  Dining/Beverage packages will have 18% gratuity added during the checkout process when purchasing on the US site.  Therefore that $74.99 price you see will actually be $88.49 when purchased.  That matches pretty well with the $90 you get from the exchange rate.

Thank you Atlantix2000 and TeRriii.  That makes it more logical.   I had enquired with Royal Caribbean and asked for my enquiry to be escalated to a senior  and nobody has told me this.  I am really surprised that Royal Caribbean Customer service are seemingly not aware!

All your responses are very much appreciated.  Thank you.