Tips for Ovation- Alaska in August

Abi

The port is funny about ride sharing. Uber and Lyft drop-off are quite a ways away from the terminal (Someone on here has a great picture/map, hopefully they will chime in and share). Shuttles and official Seattle taxis are permitted drop-off very near the terminal entrance.  Also, if you’ve never been to Seattle, almost all the taxis are eco cars like Prius, so luggage could be a problem. A shuttle to port might be your best bet. 

I just got back from Ovation.  I posted this live blog. 

Let me know if you still have questions and I can try to help.  A couple of things:

1. Read all of Matt's stuff about cruises and cruising Alaska in particular.  I love cruises, but it pays to understand how everything works.  It's not always the same as other vacations.

2. Bring shorts and a swim suit. - the ship has a lot of covered areas.  I highly recommend the hot tubs.

3.  Spend some time planning you your day in each port.  I did a mix of Royal Carribean excursions and do it yourself excursions.  There are advantages and disadvantages to both.