Prepaid Gratuities

There apparently was a miscommunication when we booked our cruise using FCC and discovered when I got our cruise documents they do not have us as prepaying gratuities. Where can I  find that option to add it on the website or do I need to call?

I haven't been on a RCI cruise in >10yrs.  I assume the tip is automatically deducted based on this statement in the invoice

1. To facilitate the crew recognition process, a $16.00 USD gratuity ($18.50 USD for Suite guests) is added to each guest’s SeaPass account daily. This gratuity is shared amongst the dining, bar and culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams.

They told us since we have a drink package the tip is included but we could prepay the gratuities for everything else which came out to $300 something total as we are in a JS for the first time for a week long cruise. We will probably give additional in person for excellent service.

@abcyoyo Yes. The daily gratuity will be applied to your onboard account every day. Usually, the final two days will be applied together on the next to last day.

However, the option allows you to pay the total amount before you board. There is no discount, it’s still the same price, but pre-paying is just a convenience. Some like to get all the extraneous expenses out of the way rather than have them add up each day.

On 6/4/2023 at 8:40 PM, CynBeth said:

There apparently was a miscommunication when we booked our cruise using FCC and discovered when I got our cruise documents they do not have us as prepaying gratuities. Where can I  find that option to add it on the website or do I need to call?

I had just the opposite happened to me.  I booked 4 balcony cabins on the Quantum thru Costco Travel.  There was no mention of gratuities being prepaid.  I told my grown kids to prepare for picking up cost of the gratuities at the end.  Dad (me) is paying for a large portion of each room, but they were going pick up a portion of the trip and any additional costs including gratuities.  

Low and behold, the "Cruise Summary" of the Guest Ticket Book shows Prepaid Gratuities = YES for all 4 cabins. 👍 🤞 😃

I see that there are only 2 benefits to prepay gratuities.  If RC does a gratuities price increase then since you already paid then it wouldn't affect you.  The second benefit is if you want to cruise with almost a zero bill at the end of your cruise.  My husband and I play a game and see if we can keep the final bill to under $100.