3 or 4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral starting July 2024

7 hours ago, USFFrank said:

I would be curious to know which ship will be doing those sailings. I tried looking it up on Royals site and perhaps I'm doing something wrong but the only ship I don't see sailing is Spectrum of the Seas.

That’s what I saw too and wouldn’t mind Spectrum coming to Canaveral unless they bring the new Utopia ship to Canaveral but I highly doubt they would do short cruises on it. 

8 hours ago, USFFrank said:

I would be curious to know which ship will be doing those sailings. I tried looking it up on Royals site and perhaps I'm doing something wrong but the only ship I don't see sailing is Spectrum of the Seas.

Utopia (it’s just not official yet).

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Utopia (it’s just not official yet).

6 hours ago, Jenalynn33 said:

That’s what I saw too and wouldn’t mind Spectrum coming to Canaveral unless they bring the new Utopia ship to Canaveral but I highly doubt they would do short cruises on it. 

I could possibly believe them bringing Spectrum of the Seas to Port Canaveral for the short cruises seeing that Allure of the Seas is doing them. However, I find it hard believe that Royal would put Utopia of the Seas, their soon to be newest & largest ship on 3 & 4 day cruises. A 3 day cruise during the heart of hurricane season on Utopia is going to cost more than the 8 day cruise on Adventure of the Seas I'm doing in 2025.

2 hours ago, USFFrank said:

I could possibly believe them bringing Spectrum of the Seas to Port Canaveral for the short cruises seeing that Allure of the Seas is doing them. However, I find it hard believe that Royal would put Utopia of the Seas, their soon to be newest & largest ship on 3 & 4 day cruises. A 3 day cruise during the heart of hurricane season on Utopia is going to cost more than the 8 day cruise on Adventure of the Seas I'm doing in 2025.

If you were in charge of Royal how you would maximize the number of guests you could put on CocoCay, which is producing phenomenal revenue right now?

One solution would be to use the ships with the largest capacity to visit CocoCay as often as possible.  

Secondly, how would you convince people to book the newest ship in the fleet at the highest possible price points? 

One solution would be to have that ship do shorter cruises so that people would be willing to pay higher than normal daily rates and since it is only 3 or 4 days the total sticker shock isn't so bad looking.  

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

One solution would be to have that ship do shorter cruises so that people would be willing to pay higher than normal daily rates and since it is only 3 or 4 days the total sticker shock isn't so bad looking. 

At the prices expected, the temptation to find a good hiding place and stretch the 4 night into a 7 night will be high. 

If found one could legitimately claim,” I paid $7,200 for my family so figured it was a full week cruise.”

explaining why one’s family is hiding inside the octopus on the 7th hole of the miniature golf course will take different reasoning. 

7 hours ago, twangster said:

If you were in charge of Royal how you would maximize the number of guests you could put on CocoCay, which is producing phenomenal revenue right now?

One solution would be to use the ships with the largest capacity to visit CocoCay as often as possible.  

Secondly, how would you convince people to book the newest ship in the fleet at the highest possible price points? 

Good answer, I know it's business. But IMHO, as hard as it is for me to justify what they are charging nowadays, if I want to cruise, I would rather go the more bang for my buck route. I'll take an 8-day cruise the same price or cheaper on an older ship over a 3- or 4-day cruise on a newer one.