Birth Certificate Questions?

I was planning on using my birth certificate and driver's license to board my closed-circuit cruise. I do not have time to get a passport. Yes, I know I should get one. No, there is not time for me to get a passport right now. 

I have two versions of my birth certificate. Both are from the state of Texas, not hospital records. One is the "long-form" birth certificate with my parents' names, address, birthdates, and a stamp from the Department of State Health Services Vital Records. One is the old format with just my parents' names and their address and a stamp from my city's metropolitan health district. Both have obvious other info like the time, location of birth, etc., and stamps from the State of Texas. 

Will they only accept the long form? This one has a typo for my mother's birthday, and I could not use it to get a passport until it was updated (hence why I do not have a passport), but I'm not sure my corrected copy will arrive in time. I'm very nervous and would like any advice or suggestions y'all might have. I plan on calling Royal Caribbean tomorrow but just thought some feedback would help either put my mind at ease or figure out what to do from here.

23 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I would bring both.  I don't think the typo you are describing would affect you - only if your info was wrong.

Agreed, definitely bring both; there's no downside I can think of. I also wouldn't worry about the typo.

They don't apply the scrutiny to examining documents that you are likely envisioning.

The long form is the one I use for my kids when I take them. As long as your name and birthdate on the birth certificate matches what is on your drivers license, you should be ok. If your name has changed, like after marriage, you will need to bring supporting documents showing the legal name change too. I doubt they will even look at your parents birthdates so the typo in this case should not be a problem, but as others said, you may want to bring the other too, just in case. 

Based on Doomslayer stating he used the long form I’d use that for check in. Definitely don’t show a second certificate, as it may cause confusion and further looking at.  However, you did mention a passport issue.  I’m thinking bring the second  birth certificate in case there is  some sort of horrible port occurrence etc that requires to get you home from a foreign port.  It’s additional documentation ? Just my 2 cents.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which your mother's DOB being incorrect would be a cause to deny you boarding. 

I can see why it caused issues with your passport, however.

With that being said, if bringing both would lessen anxiety I don't see a downside besides losing them.