Category WS Crown & Anchor Points

TLDR: Five night sailing, double occupancy, Category WS gets one C&A point per night or two?

Hi folks,

Does anybody have experience with the C&A points awarded for Category WS (Deluxe/Suite Guarantee)?

I assumed this qualified for 2 points per night as a suite, but then I noticed that there's also a Junior Suite Guarantee category, and I don't really understand the distinction. Category WS isn't listed in the C&A terms and conditions.

• 45 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms.

I reached out to my TA. She says RCCL told her that the double points only apply to sailings of seven nights or longer, which I'm almost certain is incorrect, so now I'm not sure who really knows. Just hoping someone has been in this situation and can confirm one way or another.

Thanks,

Quinn

If you are in a JS or above, regardless if it's GTY, you get an extra point per night. The length of your cruise doesn't matter. I also echo the sentiment that you might need a better TA. This is basic knowledge and them telling you points aren't earned unless it's 7n+ is cuckoo bananas.

Thanks all, for the information and the advice. The difference in points decides whether I make Diamond on this next cruise or not, so I want to get it right. I'm still confused about something, though. I've always booked specific cabins so this is a little new to me.

If I do a mock booking for the cruise I'm taking (November 6, 4 night, Navigator of the Seas, Los Angeles), there's a choice between "We pick your room" in the suite category and "You pick your room" leading to "Junior Suite guarantee." Why would anyone ever pay a premium for a Junior Suite guarantee over the generic suite guarantee? If the answer is "it doesn't make any sense" I'm okay with that, it just seems odd.

Thanks again for the replies,

Quinn

2 minutes ago, _Quinn_ said:

Thanks all, for the information and the advice. The difference in points decides whether I make Diamond on this next cruise or not, so I want to get it right. I'm still confused about something, though. I've always booked specific cabins so this is a little new to me.

If I do a mock booking for the cruise I'm taking (November 6, 4 night, Navigator of the Seas, Los Angeles), there's a choice between "We pick your room" in the suite category and "You pick your room" leading to "Junior Suite guarantee." Why would anyone ever pay a premium for a Junior Suite guarantee over the generic suite guarantee? If the answer is "it doesn't make any sense" I'm okay with that, it just seems odd.

Thanks again for the replies,

Quinn

I've often wondered that too - go with the cheaper option and keep the opportunity for MORE than a junior suite open! 

2 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I did a 3-night in January in an interior room and got double points. I'm doing a 3-night in September in a JS and getting TRIPLE points! 
(solo cruiser)

Your TA needs to check his/her information...

Yeah, I've gotten double points for a five night sailing so it seemed odd. My real question to her was whether or not category WS qualified (I couldn't find it in black and white and I like to see things in black and white). She wasn't sure and contacted RCCL and that was apparently the information she was given. But there's a good chance we're playing a game of telephone.

2 hours ago, _Quinn_ said:

Yeah, I've gotten double points for a five night sailing so it seemed odd. My real question to her was whether or not category WS qualified (I couldn't find it in black and white and I like to see things in black and white). She wasn't sure and contacted RCCL and that was apparently the information she was given. But there's a good chance we're playing a game of telephone.

There’s an equally good chance the person at RC gave her a wrong answer