Spanish Transatlantic Cruise

My wife and I are thinking of doing a Transatlantic cruise from Rome to NY on Odyssey on Nov 3, 2024.  My questions (at the moment) are the following:

1) Since it's November in the Atlantic, how are the seas normally for the crossing of the Atlantic and how warm would we expect it to be on deck? 

2) I've not been on Odyssey, I'm thinking that would be a good ship for the cooler weather as I've been on Anthem.

3) We were thinking of going a week beforehand to visit Italy and possibly another country or 2 as this is a once in a lifetime probably kind of trip.  Any suggestions for that time of the year? 

Appreciate any comments and helpful hints. 

Thanks,

Bob

Once at sea the air temperatures you'll experience are a function of the sea temperature.  Google sea temperatures in November and you'll find the historical answer.

Since it's still hurricane season the conditions are hard to predict depending on hurricane activity in the Atlantic.  I did the crossing on Symphony from Barcelona with the remnants of a hurricane to our North.  Other than a mild swell it was pretty smooth.  Our Captain chose a rhumb line vs. a great circle route to avoid the storm.   YMMV.

1 hour ago, Bob Burd said:

We were thinking of going a week beforehand to visit Italy and possibly another country or 2 as this is a once in a lifetime probably kind of trip.  Any suggestions for that time of the year? 

One great thing about Italy is that it is almost two countries in once. The mountainous north (South Tyrol) is very Austrian/Swiss (down to German language and food), and then as you go south it becomes the Italy most people think of. So one option may be to fly in to somewhere up north like Bolzano (or Milan, Munich, or Zurich which have longhaul flights), explore South Tyrol, then work your way south through places like Bologna/Emilia-Romagna, Florence/Tuscany, and even a sidetrack to San Marino (an obscure but delightful country) before making your way to Rome. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have not done the fall crossing before, but always do the spring one.  We just got off Odyssey last Saturday with spring TA.  We had great weather.  Mostly sunny,  A couple drizzly days at sea.  All the ports were sunny and warm.  We stayed at River Palace Hotel in Rome and really enjoyed it.  Good breakfast too. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bob,

My wife and I have booked this exact cruise Nov 3, 2024.
We know nothing about transatlantic crossings, but we're willing to roll the dice.  Odyssey has a nice big Solarium area, so I figured we can get our pool time there if its too cold/windy outside on sea days.
This is our first cruise of longer than 7 nights, so we're looking forward to it! (Our first Quantum class ship as well).

Marc D.