Waitlisted MDR?

deep1

Another glitch of the day ... or?????? I glanced at my laptop and I had 24 new unread messages? All from Royal? They all said the same thing... Our... My time Dining was cancelled? I made the call. It started with "Oh you cancelled'??? Wrong answer! "Your Fiancé cancelled".... Wronger answer!!!! (She was sitting with me) .... They finally ponied up that they had me waitlisted for early seating? Nice, since I did ask while booking if it was available. At that time it wasn't. I made it clear I would do "my time", which I did. Bad, that nobody told me. I had booked excursions at our two late stops that now would be in conflict. I asked if I could get my time back. I could but the times we selected were already re issued and we would be seated late at different times each night!!!! My gal is an early eater! So Juneau and  Victoria side trips are in peril. Juneau was key piece to making this Alaska adventure whole. We do have the option of skipping MDR those two nights. But then we either pay dearly for questionable land food or do the Windjammer which is  not quite up to snuff from what Im hearing. 

No apologies just a take it or leave it for the early. What ever happened to communication. Just a month ago, lack of communications set up a nightmare class mess that required Executive office intervention to rectify. They need to stop making assumptions and stick with what was set as "final". 

14 hours ago, deep1 said:

Another glitch of the day ... or?????? I glanced at my laptop and I had 24 new unread messages? All from Royal? They all said the same thing... Our... My time Dining was cancelled? I made the call. It started with "Oh you cancelled'??? Wrong answer! "Your Fiancé cancelled".... Wronger answer!!!! (She was sitting with me) .... They finally ponied up that they had me waitlisted for early seating? Nice, since I did ask while booking if it was available. At that time it wasn't. I made it clear I would do "my time", which I did. Bad, that nobody told me. I had booked excursions at our two late stops that now would be in conflict. I asked if I could get my time back. I could but the times we selected were already re issued and we would be seated late at different times each night!!!! My gal is an early eater! So Juneau and  Victoria side trips are in peril. Juneau was key piece to making this Alaska adventure whole. We do have the option of skipping MDR those two nights. But then we either pay dearly for questionable land food or do the Windjammer which is  not quite up to snuff from what Im hearing. 

No apologies just a take it or leave it for the early. What ever happened to communication. Just a month ago, lack of communications set up a nightmare class mess that required Executive office intervention to rectify. They need to stop making assumptions and stick with what was set as "final". 

It does suck, but you do have other options for food... windjammer, Pizza, room service, not sure of the ship but if there is a playmakers or johnny rockets.... I wouldn't miss out on doing stuff in Alaska just to get back in time for MDR dinner. 

As mentioned Windjammer is no go. Fiance likes her one main meal perday to have some degree of sophistication and to be served properly. JR? Thats a no fly zone fore her and sports bar not really in the running for sophisticated. It really gets under my skin that they take it upon them selves to act with no notice or permissions. 

I do not understand "wait list".  I always schedule the early dining, but on recent cruises, my itinerary says 5:15/5:30 (wait list).  And we are seated immediately, every time.  Simultaneously, on our last 3 cruises since November, there has been a surprising number of empty tables. 

29 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

I do not understand "wait list".  I always schedule the early dining, but on recent cruises, my itinerary says 5:15/5:30 (wait list).  And we are seated immediately, every time.  Simultaneously, on our last 3 cruises since November, there has been a surprising number of empty tables. 

We tried to get early when we booked. Sold out... Told them I'll book with my time dining. Without telling me, they put me on a wait list for early dining incase someone cancelled. Meanwhile I booked "my time dining" for each separate night of the cruise. Then I booked excursions at our late port days based on those my time dining times. Thye cancelled all my "my time" bookings with no notice. Then put me in early dining. When they went to put me back to my time the slots were already taken. Now I either lose two nights dining that I already paid for or have to cancel the excursions which was the whole reason we are going to Alaska. I can eat back on the boat but Fiance hates all the free food venues. She calls it "Sorrentos shoe leather" and had a very bad time at Rockets. I don't mind windjammer but she wants to be served at least one meal per day.

If you're on a Quantum class the Bistro might be a good compromise for dinner. We usually do breakfast there to avoid WJ, but their dinner menu doesn't appeal to me. On our Alaska cruise we were fortunate to be in a JS and ate every night in CK at 5:30, it was terrific. We missed one dinner when our whale watching excursion was cancelled the night before and the only thing available would not get back to the ship till all aboard time at 8:30, the excursion was rather disappointing and cost quite a bit more.

Certainly seems like you had a communication issue, when you asked about early seating and they said it was not available you moved on to My Time, but they went ahead and wait listed you without making it clear that was happening

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

I am amazed at the number of issues you have experienced with RCCL.  Sure your name isn’t Job??

I just don't get how they make assumptions and do things without first consulting the guest. That last go with them taking money from a paid cruise to cover their own mistake of refunding something that nobody asked to have refunded and tell nobody including me almost set me up for losing the whole cruise from not knowing they left my paid in full cruise with an outstanding balance. Again with no contacting me. Complete lack of communication at the core of the problem.

I never have problems aboard or boarding.  Always tickled with the cruise itself.  

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

And I don’t get how/why it always happens to you!  What have you done to offend the RCCL gods?!?!!!  I mean you seem like a pretty nice guy. 🤷‍♀️

Lucky I guess. As long as the cruises themselves stay good to me I'll stick around. Its not just me as I see it in other social media outlets but I drew the short straw when it comes to frequency of "Glitches" and "Miscommunications"....

4 hours ago, KevinJ said:

If you're on a Quantum class the Bistro might be a good compromise for dinner. We usually do breakfast there to avoid WJ, but their dinner menu doesn't appeal to me. On our Alaska cruise we were fortunate to be in a JS and ate every night in CK at 5:30, it was terrific. We missed one dinner when our whale watching excursion was cancelled the night before and the only thing available would not get back to the ship till all aboard time at 8:30, the excursion was rather disappointing and cost quite a bit more.

Certainly seems like you had a communication issue, when you asked about early seating and they said it was not available you moved on to My Time, but they went ahead and wait listed you without making it clear that was happening

Bistro is great Idea. I wasn't thinking along the lines of that as I associated them with Oasis class. Yes they do have aboard so that may take care of at least one of them. 

17 hours ago, deep1 said:

I just don't get how they make assumptions and do things without first consulting the guest.

Unfortunately, the error was made way back when you were put on the wait list for early dining.  Obviously that shouldn't have happened if you were as clear on wanting to keep MTD as you remember.  However, once that error was made, the employee that found an early dining opening, made the switch, and canceled your MTD reservations thought they were following your instructions.  It would be very time consuming to reconfirm every change so I'm not sure I can fault the employee who did this.  It would clearly be better if the waitlist status were shown somewhere in the app or your account.  Then, you'd at least be aware this could happen.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

It would clearly be better if the waitlist status were shown somewhere in the app or your account.  Then, you'd at least be aware this could happen.

Agreed.  User configurable would be nice.

5 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Unfortunately, the error was made way back when you were put on the wait list for early dining.  Obviously that shouldn't have happened if you were as clear on wanting to keep MTD as you remember.  However, once that error was made, the employee that found an early dining opening, made the switch, and canceled your MTD reservations thought they were following your instructions.  It would be very time consuming to reconfirm every change so I'm not sure I can fault the employee who did this.  It would clearly be better if the waitlist status were shown somewhere in the app or your account.  Then, you'd at least be aware this could happen.

It would be nicer if they made any kind of mention of it anywhere along the way.