Insane price difference....

We're on the oasis of the seas. 

Booked two rooms, 11th deck forward. We couldn't get connecting staterooms for the same price. Just for giggles, I wanted to find out how much more it would move to the two cabins, directly NEXT to us on the ship that are still available, but connecting. 

You might want to sit down for this. We're talking INTERIOR staterooms. All four rooms are IDENTICAL in the location, just one pair happens to have a connecting door to both staterooms. You ready for this?!?!!? 

They wanted nearly $4000 to 'upgrade' us to connecting staterooms. I felt like it would be cheaper to bring a hammer, do it myself, and pay the repair bills after the cruise. 

Really?!?!?! $4000 to get a door between staterooms....wowowowow. 

@CPCruiser4Life

BFH-- tradesman code speak meaning Big F***'ing Hammer. Often the code said in front of unassuming customers when you don't want to disclose that instead of using tactile expertise you are just going to maul something using a hammer. 

Back to your connecting room issue. As I recommended in another recent thread, the interior door of connecting rooms are not as functional as they may seem. I absolutely recommend getting two adjoining balconies that have a removable partition instead. There is no uncharge for this common balcony stateroom feature. You'll just need to do the legwork of finding two available balconies on your sailing and then YouTube, crusiedeckplans.com, or other internet search the specific rooms to hopefully find that the balcony portion between them is in fact removable. Royal does not disclose this information on deck plans and I truly don't believe if you were to call them that their customer service reps have a resource that would definitively tell them. You should be YouTubing your future staterooms regardless, you never know what informative details you might come across.

18 minutes ago, bobroo said:

I absolutely recommend getting two adjoining balconies that have a removable partition instead.

They're especially great when sailing with extended family and your young nieces decide to let themselves into your cabin via the balcony since they can be opened from the outside so as not to lock oneself out there. We used the extra inside lock after that. 🤣