Bringing Wine Onboard 🍷

SpicyCherry

Sooooo...Is Port Wine allowed to be brought onboard? Not sure if they will consider it as just another bottle of wine and not 'liquor'. The last time I brought wine, it was for a B2B sailing and they barely looked and let me board with all 4 bottles instead of holding 2 back for the 2nd leg. So I was thinking about bringing Port this time. Any advice for me??

10 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

The last time I brought wine, it was for a B2B sailing and they barely looked and let me board with all 4 bottles instead of holding 2 back for the 2nd leg.

So I noticed this part of your comment a it got me investigating a question that I already had and then calling RCL to clarify about the wine allowance per cruise. 

image.thumb.png.6b7cbc7c46b8024ebb4e8feb47747977.png

If we book B2B 7night trips this allows us to bring 4 bottles total for our 14 nights, however they told me that no allowance is made if you have booked a 15 night trip and we are still held to only 2 bottles per the policy.  I’d be more than happy to surrender 2 bottles to be delivered to the room on day 8 of our sailing.

I applaude their allowance for folks traveling on B2B trips but cannot understand their reluctance to make the SAME allowance for people traveling even longer on a single trip. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ This is when my analytical logic based thinking goes completely counter to RCL’s illogical policies. 

It's not the same @deButler.  It's a per cruise allowance.  One is a set of 2 seperate curises and one is just one cruise.  They also don't reduce the amount allowed if it is a 3-night cruise.  It's a per cruise policy.

By your logic then, if I book a 15 night cruise it's the same as 5 back to back 3 night cruises and I should be able to bring 10 bottles.  

I completely understand that they are basing the current policy “Per Cruise” and by the current policy, your example of 5 B2B 3 night cruises would allow you to bring 10 bottles. Not my logic but the way the current policy is written. 

My only point was that at some point it would be nice if they did address the longer single trip cruises based on nights as well. 

When you submit the recommendation for changing the wine bottle allocation from "per cruise" to "for every 7 nights of a cruise", please also submit a request to change the D+ laundry allocation from "per cruise" to "for every 7 nights of a cruise".  I need more than 1 free bag of laundry on those longer cruises !

🥰

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When you submit the recommendation for changing the wine bottle allocation from "per cruise" to "for every 7 nights of a cruise", please also submit a request to change the D+ laundry allocation from "per cruise" to "for every 7 nights of a cruise".  I need more than 1 free bag of laundry on those longer cruises !

🥰

Precisely. It takes more sometimes on a longer cruise. 😆😆

20 hours ago, JillyDilly51 said:

I wish their wine policy was like other cruise companies I have enjoyed. We were charged a$15 corkage fee for every bottle we brought at check-in. We brought a case. So every night we came down to dinner with a bottle of wine that was opened by our waitstaff and served to us. It was lovely.

Which cruise line was that?  You were allowed a case?

10 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I wonder what is allowed for an around the world cruise, in both laundry and bottles of wine.  🙂  Can you survive 6 months of cruising with just 1 bottle of wine and 1 bag of free laundry?   

FWIW any of the four segments of the Ultimate World Cruise come with the Deluxe Beverage Package and Wash/Fold service included (as well as internet and gratuities). What a deal! 🤣