Planning to take my nephew and niece to their first Royal Caribbean cruise

KevinK

Hi, 

I have couple questions.  I am planning to take my nephew & niece to their first Royal Caribbean cruise.  They are 14 & 15.  What's the what's the procedures?  Do their parents need to fill out the parent consent form?  Also, I will be hitting diamond soon.  So by the time they cruise with me, I will be diamond.  Will they get my diamond benefits?  Nephew is from my sister side which have the same address as me, and Niece is from my brother side, with different address but got the same last name with me.  How do I go by so both will get my diamond benefits?  Or that's not possible?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17864

Thanks, 

We are taking grandkids on cruise in June.  They have never been on a cruise.  I printed the form from Royal Caribbean that parents sign to authorize us taking them and being able to make decisions regarding their medical care, etc.  The kids are 11, 11, and 14.  They will not be able to use your diamond benefits.  We plan to get drinks for them with our points/vouchers. And hoping they can join us in Coastal Kitchen for meals.   

19 minutes ago, Linda R said:

We are taking grandkids on cruise in June.  They have never been on a cruise.  I printed the form from Royal Caribbean that parents sign to authorize us taking them and being able to make decisions regarding their medical care, etc.  The kids are 11, 11, and 14.  They will not be able to use your diamond benefits.  We plan to get drinks for them with our points/vouchers. And hoping they can join us in Coastal Kitchen for meals.   

If they are staying with you in the same suite, I though all suite guest have access to the Coastal Kitchen.  If all of you are staying in a suite, then you have access to the suite lounge.   So no need worry about drinks isn't it?

Yes, you will need the consent form from both parents to cover your bases and to be compliant with DHS, it should be notarized as well.  Royal Caribbean has a form here, but I would have both parents sign it just to be on the safe side.

Consent Form For Minor Children to Travel Without Parent/Legal (royalcaribbean.com)

Travel Overseas | Homeland Security (dhs.gov)

2 hours ago, KevinK said:

If they are staying with you in the same suite, I though all suite guest have access to the Coastal Kitchen.  If all of you are staying in a suite, then you have access to the suite lounge.   So no need worry about drinks isn't it?

You are assuming they are all in one suite.  I think the implication is that the 3 kids will be in their own nearby room.

6 hours ago, KevinK said:

Hi, 

I have couple questions.  I am planning to take my nephew & niece to their first Royal Caribbean cruise.  They are 14 & 15.  What's the what's the procedures?  Do their parents need to fill out the parent consent form?  Also, I will be hitting diamond soon.  So by the time they cruise with me, I will be diamond.  Will they get my diamond benefits?  Nephew is from my sister side which have the same address as me, and Niece is from my brother side, with different address but got the same last name with me.  How do I go by so both will get my diamond benefits?  Or that's not possible?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17864 64.61 kB · 24 downloads

Thanks, 

When I took unrelated minors on a cruise I created a permission slip based on the royal permission slip AND I added to it that I was in charge for any medical decisions due to e I gent circumstances and the  in the inability to reach parents in a timely fashion.  . All paperwork was notarized and included dates of travel as well as “any extension of the trip due to unforeseen circumstances”. I also had the parents provide me a copy of their medical card.   in hindsight perhaps having travel insurance (not Royals) would have been wise in the event of a need for an emergency evac flight.  

On 4/14/2023 at 2:02 PM, KevinK said:

We are pinnacle but not staying in a suite.  We have 2 ocean balconies rooms, that are connected.  We wanted 2 bathrooms and a larger suite was too expensive.  If my husband and I go into suite lounge we can bring drinks out with us.  Am pretty sure they will let us bring in minor children with us to Coastal Kitchen., It is just not a guarantee.  A nice tip can usually help.