Opinions on rhapsody?

Hi!  So my first sailing was on vision and i loved it.  My 2nd was on freedom and loved it too.  We are booked on a 6 night on freedom next march, but im seeing for 100 more we could do a 7 night on rhapsody.  My 14 year old (will be 15) seems to not care as long as we go...spring break had plenty of girls for her even on the small vision.  Anyone been on rhapsody lately?  Showing its age bigtime?  It heads out of tampa (which i loved as a port) and switches grand cayman for key West and belize. FWP i know but just curious on opinions!  Jane 

I as on Rhapsody 2 weeks ago. Now having only been on newer ships ( Anthem, Oasis, Harmony, Indy) I was excited to see what she offered and she certainly did not disappoint! Sure she hasn't got the food variety of some of the mega ships nor as many activities to do like the flowrider etc but that certainly didn't hinder the holiday one bit. I must say I really loved the experience, the ship was full yet seemed so quiet and there was never ever a shortage of sunbeds. the ship does not look dated or tired if I am honest, a few fixtures and fittings look a little old and outdated but that does not take anything away from the ship what so ever.

any more questions about the ship just ask me :)

On 5/30/2017 at 11:17 AM, JLMoran said:

@mom2mybugs, do you have flexibility with that March date next year? If you can go on March 31, that's an 8-night Eastern Caribbean on Freedom (the one my family and I are taking). Goes to St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee, with four sea days.

We have no flexibility...my husband and i are both teachers and my 15 year old in school!  I would absolutely love 8 days...6 is going to be tough.  I think my next cruise without a teen is going to be on a smaller ship again because i love the fewer crowds and the cuba periscopes made me really remember that small ship feel!   But in much discussion,  the teen wants to try more of the ship things.  So i guess we do freedom again and hey...all good!  Jane

On 5/29/2017 at 2:21 PM, DocLC said:

I love Tampa, too, and also like the Rhapsody, but if stuck with the Freedom, personally, as she had so much more to offer. 

I was so excited to hear you refer to this question on your call on the 200 podcast.  This is what i love about these boards...learning from everyone's experiences!  Thanks so much,  Jane

On 5/30/2017 at 8:04 AM, Matt said:

I'm doing Rhapsody out of Tampa next year for spring break.

You should be very aware of the differences between Rhapsody and Freedom, especially in terms of what the ship offers (and does not offer).  

In the end,  my daughter wants to try the flowrider for the first time while dad goes to the ruins in costa maya (we went without him on our first cruise)  and did not want to go back to a ship with no sorrentos.  But after Rich and Tammy's periscopes, im thinking im leaning towards smaller as opposed to bells and whistles of the oasis class when im sailing kid free....someday lol!  Jane

On 5/30/2017 at 4:00 AM, J_Keeble said:

. I must say I really loved the experience, the ship was full yet seemed so quiet and there was never ever a shortage of sunbeds. the ship does not look dated or tired if I am honest, a few fixtures and fittings look a little old and outdated but that does not take anything away from the ship what so ever.

any more questions about the ship just ask me :)

I think im not picky....i was on adventure last summer and yes, there was some rust but it was nicer than home lol!  Im beginning to look at maybe 2019 minus the teenager,  so i may be asking lots of questions!   Jane

On 5/30/2017 at 4:15 AM, L454S said:

Just did 21 days on the Rhapsody. I was impressed with how well maintained and clean the ship is. For me, I like a ship as opposed to the an amusement park. Just personal preference.

I would LOVE to do 21 days on a ship!   I think i agree with you,  especially because cruising to me is as much about the relaxing.   Alot of the big ship "perks" like the flowrider and the wall,  ive never done.   My favorite ship memory was looking out the window of the vision schooner bar in a rainstorm!   

Can i ask....how much luggage did you bring?   I overpack for 7 days!   Jane

22 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I was so excited to hear you refer to this question on your call on the 200 podcast.  This is what i love about these boards...learning from everyone's experiences!  Thanks so much,  Jane

:)  Does this make me famous or you famous? <jk>

This is one of the reasons why I love this community.  I truly think it's a place where we can have civil conversations and run our ideas/thoughts past one another.

I'm headed off on a Princess cruise next month and I must say that the board I'm checking for information on Princess repulses me nearly every day because of the lack of civility there. Maybe I'm just spoiled here, but I've also found that the fellow cruisers on Royal Caribbean have always been the nicest in my experience.

15 minutes ago, DocLC said:

:)  Does this make me famous or you famous? <jk>

You!! However i did impress my husband with it (though he thinks im a bit obsessed when we don't cruise for close to 300 days)  and i know it will make my teenager laugh! 

I love that no question here is too silly or controversial, and people actually listen!  Jane