Kennedy Space Center

Snowchaser

I pretty sure I already know the answer to this but how much time is enough for the Kennedy Space Center?  I've always wanted to go there with the family but our cruise will be docked at Port Canaveral from 1- 8pm with the space center closing at 5pm.  It just seems like 3-4hrs just wouldn't be enough time  but then again I also noticed that Royal is selling the excursion?

You're never gonna have enough time to visit all of KSC during a port stop. That being said, we very much enjoyed our guided excursion through RC when we went there in 2018. 

The excursion took us to the Apollo/Saturn V Center (Until you see it, you don't realize just how BIG the Saturn V rocket is!) followed by a visit to the KSC Visitor Complex to see the "Rocket Garden" and the VERY IMPRESSIVE Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit.

We did this on our last cruise back when the tours were guided. There definitely wasn't enough time to do everything it has to offer but we didn't feel rushed through any of the exhibits. The drop off at the airport was a big part of why we chose this. We had a 6-ish pm flight to be safe. YMMV but we were dropped off around 2pm at MCO. 

We’ve got this excursion booked through RCI. We’ve got young kids. 3-8 years old. If we find that the kids are tired or less interested than expected, can we take a shuttle back to the ship early or are we “stuck” there until busses start running around departure time?

15 hours ago, Bosstime said:

We’ve got this excursion booked through RCI. We’ve got young kids. 3-8 years old. If we find that the kids are tired or less interested than expected, can we take a shuttle back to the ship early or are we “stuck” there until busses start running around departure time?

You are there until the bus leaves.  

16 hours ago, Bosstime said:

Just like every other excursion, you are there until it’s over. There is no shuttle bus that brings people back to the ship on their whim. You all arrive together and you all leave together….same as everything other excision.