Question about YOUTH Member benefits

bton

I can not seem to get a straight answer from calling in or from submitting a question on their website, so I am hoping someone here can tell me.

First and for most, my wife, my kids, and myself are all Emerald level.... shouldn't matter but you may need to know that.

Here is my questions: On the website it states under Youth Benefits "SURF + STREAM internet access equivalent to parents’ access" and has a bullet point on EVERY level.  Does that mean if my wife buys a 2 device internet access for our cruise, the kids will ALSO get a 2 device internet access?  Or is it 1:1 or something like that?  Or am I reading it completely wrong?

Reference: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

I believe it is referring to the fact that kids get the same perk as their parents. At Emerald, you get 15% off, so your kids would get 15% off.

This is funny wording compared to other perks and I am guessing they do it for Pinnacles. At every other level, your kids level match the parents, but this is not the case for Pinnacle. I believe what they are trying to do with that wording is to say that if the parents are Pinnacle (and the kids are only D+), then the kids will still get unlimited internet.

So if kids are D+ and parents are D+, they get 2 days free, but if kids are D+ and parents are Pinnacle, they get the whole cruise free.

That’s what it sounds like to me too… hoping someone has actually done it.

30 minutes ago, Harper said:

I took it as you buy 1 device, kids get free device. I’m a bit curious though as today is my first time hearing of this benefit

I’m wondering if with starlink access is cheaper and hence the new benefit 

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It is specifically matching benefits, so if Diamond and children are also diamond; they get 1 free day.... etc. Has nothing to do with prepurchase offers. Pretty much all of the offers need to be purchased onboard to be used. 

It says access though, not discount or purchase. That’s what makes me think if parent purchases 1 device access, youth gets same.

8 hours ago, bton said:

I see what you are saying Ampurp85, but then why wouldn’t it say “same discount as parents”?  To actually say “internet access equivalent to parents access” sounds different than “same discount”. 

They can use the word access to mean they have the ability to get same discount. I didn't read it as access to internet because Royal internet doesn't work like that.