Traveling with a child under 2

Hi everyone!! It's been quite some time since I have posted on here! Can someone help us as we are possibly planning a cruise for our 5 year anniversary next year and we may bring our daughter who will be roughly 22 months. Did you find it easy or hard to travel with a child this young? Also, I know you would have to pay for childcare on the ship. I'm assuming the cost depends on the itinerary/ship? What would the cost be roughly? Will RC provide a crib or would we have to bring a pack n play? How did it work traveling with the carseat from airport to hotel to ship? I have so many questions but unsure if it would be worth bringing her!!

The two ships we are looking at are Allure of the Seas out of Miami or Liberty of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale 

It’s been a few years but I’ve done this x2. The royal tots pricing is exceptional value and while I don’t recall exact numbers I do remember it being cheap. As for the pack & play this can be provided by RC by request. We went many years without taking excursions and opted to walk around town with the kids in strollers so didn’t have much experience with the car seats exc. Overall as a family it was an enjoyable time, nowadays we need Apple Watches attached to these kids to try and keep up while they explore the ship. Enjoy. 

18 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Thank you! For the carseat I'm just wondering how we would get it on the ship. I know the rooms are small. Our daughter would obviously need a carseat from the airport to hotel to the port.

I wish I could assist but I can see the port from my backyard, we normally walk. I have heard people use travel car seats that either fold or inflate. Good luck 

I’ve taken several cruises with kids around this age, most recently on Navigator.  We rented a car with a car seat; this was the most challenging logistical issue.  

You need to reserve the nursery ahead.  We found that nicely stopping by each morning worked out well; we never had a problem with a reservation.  The charge is not too bad, but they do charge for diaper changes.  Our kids (now grandkids) have always done well in the nursery.  The pool options for toddlers in diapers vary from ship to ship.  But, we have always found enough to do with little ones.

We cruised with my now 21yo at that age and always brought her car seat to use on the plane and from the airport to the port We found it easy to strap the car seat to a luggage cart, but they now have other options from super inexpensive (traveling toddler that straps to a rolling carry on) to pricier options of backpack bags or higher end car seat carts. 

Once on the ship, we just put the car seat in the bottom of the closet and forgot about it for the cruise. For excursions we opted to walk or only do buses (car seats cannot be used on most buses).