I tried to search for it...

So I tried to search for this because I know the thread exists but...I guess the search is broken because "bed" comes back with 0 results.

Anyway..my question: someone once posted about how to get a room with the bed on the "right side" of the room in balcony or jr suite cabins. Basically the configuration where the bed is by the window instead of by the door.

As I now find myself looking at rooms that could have this configuration I was hoping to find that thread because someone (I think @WAAAYTOOO?) posted a hack that I wanted to try.

General rule for balcony rooms:

1.  From the deck plans, position yourself in the hallway of the deck you are considering.  Make sure you are in the hallway.  If you use this process while viewing from the “outside”, you will be exactly WRONG.

2.  Find the closest set of adjoining rooms to yours.  The adjoining rooms are signified with a double-ended arrow.

3.  Again, from the hallway view, select the room on the “right” side of the double arrow.  This room is the “right” one….the one with the bed by the slider.

4.  Then, begin alternating down towards your room.  Right, wrong, right, wrong, etc until you land on “your” room.  If your room is “right” your bed will be by the slider.  If it is “wrong”,  the bed will be by the bathroom.

This process works regardless of which direction you start “counting”.

Some people prefer the bed by the bathroom, so “right” and “wrong” is a relative term….but for me, “right” is the bed by the slider.

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

General rule for balcony rooms:

1.  From the deck plans, position yourself in the hallway of the deck you are considering.  Make sure you are in the hallway.  If you use this process while viewing from the “outside”, you will be exactly WRONG.

2.  Find the closest set of adjoining rooms to yours.  The adjoining rooms are signified with a double-ended arrow.

3.  Again, from the hallway view, select the room on the “right” side of the double arrow.  This room is the “right” one….the one with the bed by the slider.

4.  Then, begin alternating down towards your room.  Right, wrong, right, wrong, etc until you land on “your” room.  If your room is “right” your bed will be by the slider.  If it is “wrong”,  the bed will be by the bathroom.

This process works regardless of which direction you start “counting”.

Some people prefer the bed by the bathroom, so “right” and “wrong” is a relative term….but for me, “right” is the bed by the slider.

In looking at room tours on youtube and pictures on line...it doesn't seem like this applies to Jr Suites....They all seem to be oriented the same from what I could see. any knowledge on that?

Hi.  @WAAAYTOOOgives you what you need for balcony rooms…which has always been spot on for me!  JS rooms (as far as I know) typically have the bed away from the balcony door because the room is setup to have you relax in the bit larger space closer to the balcony with a sofa as well as an arm chair.  If anyone has been in a JS with the bed closer to the balcony door please let us know.  Thanks

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

JS rooms (as far as I know) typically have the bed away from the balcony door because the room is setup to have you relax in the bit larger space closer to the balcony with a sofa as well as an arm chair.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes…the “right/wrong” system only works for balconies 

This is a small bummer but overall not awful. JS seem to be wider than standard balcony rooms so there won't be the sideways shuffle to get into the room unless someone is sitting at the vanity. And since we're only 2, I don't think we'll run into that too often.

Thanks all for the help!