Explorer of Seas - guaranteed inside - received this ??? Weird

Tenerife

28 minutes ago, Tenerife said:

So why does is say obstructed view in the amended invoice ?

I'm going to make an educated guess that it's because you don't have an actual cabin assigned, so theoretically you could be assigned a cabin with a view. 

Please don't count on anything other than an Inside Cabin though.

That is just a standard line on all invoices. For example, I'm looking at a cruise I have coming up in a couple months (interior non-guarantee room) and it says "Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage: 0%"

My understanding is that the guarantee room means you will have that category of room or better. So it is theoretically possible that you could get upgraded to an ocean view or balcony room. (Not common, but it can happen.) That's why yours will say "Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage: Pending" until your room is formally assigned.  

We are in a Central Park balcony this week (and next week) on OA.  I was actually quite surprised when we first walked out on the balcony as there actually is an obstruction directly off our balcony…it’s a tree !  I guess it depends on what you want to look at as to whether there’s an obstruction or not.  Since we’re on deck 10 (the lowest level for the CP balcony), the tree obstruction is the worst for us.  The higher decks look down on the tree.  We look straight out at it.  Truly though, I don’t think this is what they are referring to as an “obstruction “.   We can still see CP below us and all of the balcony rooms across to the other side.  Obstruction isn’t a word I would use but maybe ???