Room for 4?

Saylor

We booked our upcoming vacation on Mariner of the Seas with a balcony room for my husband and I plus our 2 adult sons.  I assumed there was a drop down bed (we had it on Disney Dream before), but now I've learned that there is only a king and full size bed in room 7628.  I'd love some helpful advice--will my sons be uncomfortable?  Can I fit a twin blowup in there? Has anyone been in that room?

You might want to check with your travel agent or RCL.  I see that cabin only holds 3 people but when I look on the RCL site it states it hold 4 people.  The ship is going into dry dock and they might be changing the cabin layout.

Mariner of the Seas Cabin 7628 - Category 1D - Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony 7628 on iCruise.com

Deck Plans | Mariner of the Sea | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Just because 4 people could actually fit in the room...This is a terrible idea!!! What time do you go to bed versus what time and how loud will be 2 boys entering and falling over your bed when they enter the room. The boys need a separate interior room, let them see the ocean from the pool deck.

I don't mind them being in the room, I just do not want them to be uncomfortable and arguing with each other about space and waking me up-lol.  It is nearly $2500 to get another interior room.  I booked royal because they are cheaper than Disney so I do not want to pay more.  I guess I'm stuck.  If I thought a blow up bed would fit though I'd take it just in case they start getting frustrated with each other. lol

1 hour ago, Saylor said:

I don't mind them being in the room, I just do not want them to be uncomfortable and arguing with each other about space and waking me up-lol.  It is nearly $2500 to get another interior room.  I booked royal because they are cheaper than Disney so I do not want to pay more.  I guess I'm stuck.  If I thought a blow up bed would fit though I'd take it just in case they start getting frustrated with each other. lol

Maybe you could leave the couch as ìs and use as a single bed, then put a single air mattress on the floor beside the couch giving each son his own space. Obviously it might make walking around a little dicey at night but looks like it MAY work.

41 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

A potential other option: if you and your hubby are okay snuggling on a full size mattress, the king can be split into two twins which the boys could use.

Since we are paying for the trip we definitely want to be just a little selfish and be comfy but we will see.

49 minutes ago, fireclan said:

Maybe you could leave the couch as ìs and use as a single bed, then put a single air mattress on the floor beside the couch giving each son his own space. Obviously it might make walking around a little dicey at night but looks like it MAY work.

That is a thought.  I may see if I can find a light weight twin blow up just in case.

23 hours ago, Saylor said:

That is a thought.  I may see if I can find a light weight twin blow up just in case.

Amazon has numerous blow-up camping mattresses/pads that roll up very small for easy packing. I just purchased one myself to use on the bed for our cruise this Friday. Sometimes the mattresses on the ships are uncomfortable to me.