Oasis of the Seas deluxe drink package

gi333

17 minutes ago, gi333 said:

If you purchase alcohol beverage and you have the refreshments package do they charge you the difference between the alcohol version and no alcohol version?  Cocktail are 14$ but I heard that if you want the virgin version its 8$?  .

YMMV, but most likely they will serve you the virgin drink that's included with your drink package and then you will pay extra for a shot of alcohol ($10-$14). 

Your personal experience my very depending on the bartender and how well you tip.

2 hours ago, gi333 said:

If you purchase alcohol beverage and you have the refreshments package do they charge you the difference between the alcohol version and no alcohol version?  Cocktail are 14$ but I heard that if you want the virgin version its 8$?  .

They will charge the full price if you don't order it virgin. You have to specifically ask for the shot on the side and they charge you the full price of the shot.  

1 hour ago, gi333 said:

Curiosity. Is there a package that exists that includes refreshments package+ voom internet ?  I only see deluxe+ internet and I have seen soda+ internet.

I wanna purchase refreshments+ internet so when they combine it it's a better deal.

Thanks 

Not that I've ever seen, that would be a nice combo to have though.

2 hours ago, gi333 said:

Curiosity. Is there a package that exists that includes refreshments package+ voom internet ?

I wanna purchase refreshments+ internet so when they combine it it's a better deal.

I have never seen that combo. On my last cruise, I got the refreshment package while my husband got the soda + internet package.  We then shared the internet package (1 device) between our devices.  The only limit is only 1 device can be connected at a time. 

The combo deluxe beverage package+ voom internet doesn't make sense because it charges you for the two adults in the room. By doing that it ends up being more expensive than buying the internet package alone.  

Internet Alone is 27$ cad. If you take package it's 120$ cad so you save about 10$ on the internet cause drink package alone is 103 cad.

Now why charging twice for the internet only for 1 device? That would become 17$ x 2.  

Is there a mistake somewhere?

1 hour ago, gi333 said:

The combo deluxe beverage package+ voom internet doesn't make sense because it charges you for the two adults in the room. By doing that it ends up being more expensive than buying the internet package alone.  

Could you do 1 deluxe beverage package + voom for 1 person and just a deluxe beverage package for the 2nd person? 

1 hour ago, gi333 said:

Internet Alone is 27$ cad. If you take package it's 120$ cad so you save about 10$ on the internet cause drink package alone is 103 cad.

Now why charging twice for the internet only for 1 device? That would become 17$ x 2.  

Is there a mistake somewhere?

You get two devices. Package + internet for each person in the room

28 minutes ago, gi333 said:

What if I only want one device?

Everyone in the cabin over 21 has to get the DX package, so if you get the DX with Voom, everyone over 21 would need to get it. If the other person doesn't want the DX you can call and get the DX+Voom and then a refreshment package. I am unsure of you can mix DX packages though. 

It was my dilemma as well. My wife and I are boarding the Oasis this April. It will be our first cruise with our daughter, who is 1.5 years old. We were not wanting to drink a lot of alcohol due to having our daughter with us, so we decided to purchase the Refreshment Package during RCL Black Friday sale for $165 per person, which included the gratuities. However, this past week my wife and I talked about our upcoming cruise and what our alcohol consumption would be. I saw that the Deluxe Package was $72.99 per day per person, which was the price during the Black Friday sale. The total cost is $602 per person with gratuities for the Deluxe Package. So I did some math and saw the difference between the Refreshment Package and Deluxe Package came out to $437. If you divide the difference by seven nights, that comes out to $62.43 a day. So we would have to drink just about 4.5 drinks each, every day, to break even. We looked at each other and said that we could do it. That amount of alcohol is not large, in our opinion. It would be two drinks on the pool deck, two more at dinner, and one at a show. We will most likely just be breaking even, but the peace of mind and not seeing that bill keep growing on my stateroom tv is very appealing to me. Ultimately we bought the Deluxe Package and are happy with our decision!!! 56 days until we get our first drink and see that $0 on the receipt!!!! Another thing I love about the Deluxe Package lol.