Transport to Rome airport after cruise

Reb

We're on Symphony of the Sea May 25 cruising the Mediterranean and will disembark on June 1.  I know the port is about 50 miles away from Rome.  It seems like previous cruises offered transportation to the airport after disembarkation.  Does anyone know if that is available this Spring?  

Depending on the number of people you have, a private transfer could even be less expensive than booking transfers through Royal.  The other thing to consider is that it is recommended you arrive at the airport in Rome 3 hours before your flight.  Sometimes there is a wait for the Royal transfer to fill up and to leave the port.  We used RomeInLimo last summer for a private transfer and they were excellent.

I will be taking a cruise in July.  I plan on taking the train to Rome.  It will either be a 8 min taxi ride or a 30 min walk to the train station. 

There are 2 different trains you can take.  The local train will take about an hour and a half (depending on your stop) to get to Rome.  They run 2 or 3 trains an hour.  No need to pre-purchase the tickets.  The second option is for the express.  There is 1 morning express train that departs 9:16 am.  That one will only take about 45 minutes. The cost is about $29 pp. I am still researching this information so it may not be accurate. 

I have attached the train's timetable. 

Roma-Civitavecchia Railway_Timetable-A4_20170626-eng.pdf

Edited by FireFishII
Update the # of trains and added a time table.

We booked transportation from the pier to the airport (FCO) through Air2Sea for $72 pp for our cruise on Explorer this October.  It’s kind of pricey, but having booked our flights through Air2Sea, we want to be able to hold them accountable if we miss our flight due to transportation issues.   We don’t foresee any issues, we’re just covering our bases.   

We’re spending our extra days in Venice/Ravenna before the cruise, so we need to fly home the day we get to Civitavecchia. 

If you're thinking private transfer then I highly recommend Cabroma. Their prices were slightly lower than other private transfer companies but the service was top notch in nice new cars. We used their services twice last summer and were very pleased with them.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:36 PM, Reb said:

We're on Symphony of the Sea May 25 cruising the Mediterranean and will disembark on June 1.  I know the port is about 50 miles away from Rome.  It seems like previous cruises offered transportation to the airport after disembarkation.  Does anyone know if that is available this Spring?  

Contact Discovery Tours. They are THE best tour company in Italy. Gilberto, the owner, is first class!