Weight limit

Good Morning ☀️ 

My best friend and her husband are joining us to sail on Mariner of the Seas on May 8th. My friend is on a weight loss journey and a young kid at heart. This will be our first RC cruise. She really wants to ride the sky pad. I just learned last night not only there’s a weight limit of 250 but there’s a scale that weighs you. I don’t know where she exactly she is at on her weight loss journey and I don’t feel  comfortable asking unless she told me. Personally I would feel embarrassed getting on a scale and she would feel the same. If this is all true I don’t want her to have a bad experience and disappointment. I will have to warn her beforehand so she knows what’s to expect and choose to try or find another activity. Just want some clarity if they are this stricked.

It is actually not 250 on Mariner but I believe something like 243. There is a scale right at the Skypad entrance and it does the red or green light. If the light is red, you cannot get on: this is not just a pull out of line because you look overweight, they weigh everyone including children. 

They are strict on the weighing and, as Ampurp said, they weigh everyone. It's not just to make sure people are under the limit but it also lets them know what harness and equipment to use.

If you want to be fair to her without asking, I would just let her know that there is process to weigh for almost all weight-limited activities.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ampurp85 said:

It is actually not 250 on Mariner but I believe something like 243.

I wonder whether it's 110 kg which is about 243 pounds. They're way more metric onboard than we imperialists. 🙂

Huh… Coincidentally, my last weigh-in was just under that (down 90 pounds from peak — finally fit into the one-size-fits-all bathrobe on December's cruise). Interesting. 🤔