Suite perks question

family#1

We are brand new to RC. We have a two bedroom aqua theatre suite on Harmony. Our cruise isn't until next summer. We've only cruised Disney. I noticed I can't make any reservations for excursions, dining or shows.  I have read that some of these options open up once closer to sailing date.  We'll have a genie. I know he/she will reach out to me beforehand, but will the genie take care of dining reservations and shows or should I keep an eye out once we're closer to our cruise. Thanks in advance...I just don't want to miss out on anything.

Keep checking the cruise planner periodically for the shore excursions. Lately there has been no rhyme or reason for when they will show up. Make those reservation on your own. Popular ones can sell out. After you book your excursions, check periodically for any price drops. I the price does drop, cancel and rebook at the lower price.

Having a Genie will be a fantastic experience for you. He/She will be able to make all your dining reservations with the exception of Izumi Hibachi and Chef's table.

When they reach out they will suggest you make those 2 reservations on your own. Once aboard the genie will get the refund process started. 

I would recommend looking at a previous Cruise Compass for your ship and sailing. This will give you an idea on show times and venues. Make a wish list/plan of the specialty dining venues you would like to visit and shows you would like to see. When the Genie reaches out , you can pass on your wish list and they will develop an itinerary of dining, shows and tours.  

The Genie will help to make sure you won't miss out on anything... Be warned, once you sail Star class it will be tough to sail Sea or Sky again...

An excerpt from a recent Genie communication:

I would highly recommend you to book Hibachi and Chef's Table online at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked

Start planning for your cruise and receive exclusive pre-cruise deals on drink packages, secure your favorite onboard activities and reserve amazing shore excursions. Design your cruise today.

if you are interested in sharing a table and meeting other guests because these are the only restaurants that we cannot confirm ahead of time due to its limited seating, the Hibachi table seats a maximum of 10 guests whereas Chef's Table seats a maximum of 16 guests.  All reservations open up online prior to the remaining inventory being available on board a day before your sailing. We will process your refund once you are onboard.

**Important**Chef's Table has a charge of $25 per Star Class Guest and this is for the wine served at the Wine Pairing that is not included in the Beverage Package for Star Class Guests.

The rest of the restaurants have a larger seating capacity hence I can confirm the reservations well in advance. 

Once you go Genie/Star Class on Royal, you'll realize how bad Disney Concierge sux. We've done 13 Disney Concierge cruises, but none in 6 years and no future cruises booked with the Mouse since we've found greener pastures at a better value. 

Keep checking your cruise planner, but you have time if you mean your cruise is Summer 2024. Our September cruise this year has had everything open since i booked a month ago. Nothing is open for our May 2024 cruise yet. And please follow @twangster's advice above!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

An excerpt from a recent Genie communication:

I would highly recommend you to book Hibachi and Chef's Table online at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked

Start planning for your cruise and receive exclusive pre-cruise deals on drink packages, secure your favorite onboard activities and reserve amazing shore excursions. Design your cruise today.

if you are interested in sharing a table and meeting other guests because these are the only restaurants that we cannot confirm ahead of time due to its limited seating, the Hibachi table seats a maximum of 10 guests whereas Chef's Table seats a maximum of 16 guests.  All reservations open up online prior to the remaining inventory being available on board a day before your sailing. We will process your refund once you are onboard.

**Important**Chef's Table has a charge of $25 per Star Class Guest and this is for the wine served at the Wine Pairing that is not included in the Beverage Package for Star Class Guests.

The rest of the restaurants have a larger seating capacity hence I can confirm the reservations well in advance. 

Thanks for the info.  There's so much to learn. Are you required to do the wine pairing? 

43 minutes ago, family#1 said:

Thanks for the info.  There's so much to learn. Are you required to do the wine pairing? 

Wine pairing is the essence of Chef's Table.  The experience is all about pairing wine with food.    If you aren't into wine that's something I'd ask you Genie about but it's kind of like going to a premium car wash when you don't own a car.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Wine pairing is the essence of Chef's Table.  The experience is all about pairing wine with food.    If you aren't into wine that's something I'd ask you Genie about but it's kind of like going to a premium car wash when you don't own a car.  

I’ve done two Chefs tables with wine and realized the wine isn’t my thing. The next few I have asked the sommelier to hand select the coldest XX in the fridge. I enjoyed the meal much more.