Finally booked one!

D Alt

I finally booked a Celebrity cruise on Silhouette for end of 2024! The deals were pretty good with 75% off second guest and I got $100 OBC. Albeit it's a short 3N cruise. Figured it's good for now. By that time I will be Diamond (almost D+) and Elite on Celebrity.  So I'm guessing I should wait until I hit that level to start purchasing any extras in order to get discounts.  

For some reason RCCL and Celebrity's Loyalty programs are not showing the correct levels.  Anyone else having this issue in the cruise planner? 

On 1/29/2023 at 6:49 PM, D Alt said:

I finally booked a Celebrity cruise on Silhouette for end of 2024! The deals were pretty good with 75% off second guest and I got $100 OBC. Albeit it's a short 3N cruise. Figured it's good for now. By that time I will be Diamond (almost D+) and Elite on Celebrity.  So I'm guessing I should wait until I hit that level to start purchasing any extras in order to get discounts.  

For some reason RCCL and Celebrity's Loyalty programs are not showing the correct levels.  Anyone else having this issue in the cruise planner? 

Yes....my profile on RCCL & Celebrity say Diamond/Elite but my DH's profile still says Emerald/Select. I called and was assured the system would update in 7-10 days(everything is 7-10 days), as I wanted to make sure all was well when we sailed in Dec 2022. Never happened. However, both RC & Celebrity said the status was showing correct on their end. And when DH received emails from the cruise line, it confirmed his correct status. I gave up. We were afforded the proper perks once onboard so all was well. 

1 hour ago, SpicyCherry said:

Yes....my profile on RCCL & Celebrity say Diamond/Elite but my DH's profile still says Emerald/Select. I called and was assured the system would update in 7-10 days(everything is 7-10 days), as I wanted to make sure all was well when we sailed in Dec 2022. Never happened. However, both RC & Celebrity said the status was showing correct on their end. And when DH received emails from the cruise line, it confirmed his correct status. I gave up. We were afforded the proper perks once onboard so all was well. 

thanks!  I'm from LI as well. 

On 1/29/2023 at 5:49 PM, D Alt said:

You could wait until you hit diamond to purchase extras in the cruise planner, but the discount you'll receive are going to be pretty insignificant.  The only discount you'll gain is an additional 5% off alcoholic beverage packages and wifi.  The prices could easily increase by that time, so if you're planning on purchasing, I'd do that now.  You could always repurchase once you reach that level by calling in.

What cabin category did you go with?  My wife, son, and I will be on Silhouette for the NYE 2024 cruise in a Concierge Sunset Veranda.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:49 PM, D Alt said:

What extras are you hoping for discounts on?  

Loyalty discounts, when they exist, are usually onboard offers.  

• 2 weeks later...