Booking shoreside first then apply NextCruise offer onboard?

neo2122

Hello,

I'm looking to book a cruise in Nov 2023, I already have a sailing in Jul 2023. Should I put in a booking now for Nov 2023 or wait till I get onboard in Jul 2023 for NextCruise offers?

It is probably cheaper to book "as early as possible" since its possible to re-price up till final payment. But won't I be losing out on NextCruise offers? If I wait till Jul 2023, the price may have increased and limited room choices?

It'll be ideal if I put in a booking now shoreside, get onboard in Jul 2023 and kinda have NextCruise perform a "re-price". Not sure is NextCruise actually does this, any experienced cruisers facing/faced such a booking dilemma?

TIA for your sharing and insights.

NextCruise can't re-price an existing booking, they won't/can't touch it.  They don't service existing bookings at all.  They only do new bookings on board.  For example if you had an existing booking and wanted to change cabins NextCruise can't help you as they are not a service center.

You could book a refundable booking now and then once on board get a quote from NextCruise.  If NextCruise is cheaper then make a new booking with them and cancel the refundable booking.  Chances are prices will have risen and NextCruise won't be cheaper but you never know.  

Refundable bookings generally cost more and you can't get most suites on a refundable basis.  Junior suites can be booked refundable.  A travel agent might have group space on that sail date and group bookings are generally refundable.  

If you know anyone going on a cruise soon they can book at NextCruise on your behalf but there is some trust involved as they have to pay the deposit on their credit card then you would have to pay them back the deposit amount.  

Ditto!

Each time I booked through NextCruise, I had already checked the price online while in my cabin and the NextCruise price was exactly the same. So there is no hidden discount. Only the reduced deposit and the OBC. Another benefit for me is that they can look at both back to back sailings simultaneously so that I can secure the same cabin without having to go back and forth to each one.

I once tried to have a cabin number changed on a booking that I had made at home, but they explained how they can only generate new bookings and not service existing reservations.

The only type of servicing issue I can receive from NextCruise is…when I book my cruises, the OBC is always less because I’m sailing solo. Apparently it’s a computer thing. So when they hand me my confirmation receipt, the OBC is wrong. They later contact stateside and have it adjusted to the full amount. Usually by the next day, I will receive an emailed receipt with the proper OBC updated. And they will also have a copy delivered to my cabin.

But the best advice is…if you know you want a specific cruise and cabin, book it! Don’t wait. Especially if you’re considering a suite. Prices usually go up as the cruise gets closer. Even if they do drop, you (or your TA if they control the reservation) can always call and re-price…repeatedly…prior to final payment.

Book now and get the deal. 

BUT ALSO When you get onboard do the Book Later option so you have a year to decide on your next one and then youll get the OBC on the next oone. I like having this handy when new cruises get posted and you can take advantage of early prices. 

45 minutes ago, D Alt said:

Book now and get the deal. 

BUT ALSO When you get onboard do the Book Later option so you have a year to decide on your next one and then youll get the OBC on the next oone. I like having this handy when new cruises get posted and you can take advantage of early prices. 

Book later has a 2 month window to get the Next Cruise OBC.  

While the reduced NRD deposit shell booking is valid for a year, the NextCruise OBC offer is not.