My time dinner-times

Tiffins

Hello! This will be my first royal cruise. I was just wondering when the my time dinner times go to? I know you can sign up during the week of what time you want.  I'm figuring we would go around 8:30ish or later since we always eat late.  Would there be a long wait time if we just show up? Debating if I want to change my time to the 8 dinner time. 

If you are assigned My Time Dining (rather than Traditional Dining, second seating), you'll want to reserve a dining time for each night of the cruise.  This is done in Cruise Planner, you "check out" like you were buying something, but it is 0 cost because it is complimentary.  We did have a cruise in June when the available times were late, from 7:45 PM to 8:15 PM, and we were able to be seated with the same staff each night.  We actually had fast service later than when we had MTD earlier (on a different cruise).

Your invoice will indicate whether you have Traditional or My Time Dining, and once confirmed as MTD, book your desired time for each night.  Depending upon the ship you are sailing, you may need to consider your show reservations (larger ships require show reservations, smaller ships don't and offer a show twice each night as a general rule).

We did MTD on our last cruise and only had to wait 5 minutes or so on a few of the 7 nights. We had the same wait staff each night too (our preference) - the earliest option for us with MTD was 6:15pm so we selected that for every night without a problem on the app. It was a good experience but we opted to go with the early seating for our upcoming cruise so we have 1 less thing to plan in advance. 🙂